Chapter 1(Remake)

Laurance's POV

It's a normal day in the orphanage. The loneness of my life normal. It's like this everyday. I don't think the orphanage people like me.

I'm playing outside by myself. Sometimes a animal would stumble by and watch me, and I would try to pet it, and it would run away. Just like everyone else.

I start to balance on a log. That's when they came.

"Hey fresh meat." The leader says. I back up a bit. Why is it always them who are targeting me? What did I ever do to them to make them hate me this much.

"Where's you parents? You know they would never let someone as small as you into the woods." He says. The rest of his group laughs. 

I stand there trying to control my emotions. Don't let them see you cry, I think. They'll use it against you.

"You know my parents are gone." I say, "You saw them die, remember."

They stop laughing, and stare at me. The silence is so big, that the evident footsteps coming in our directions are more noticeable then ever.

"Are you hurting that boy again?" A girl my age says. She has pretty black hair, and caramel color eyes. She's beautiful, but she's hurt. She has a split lip and a black eye.

"I'm gonna tell mom when she get's back." She says. The leader sneers, the roughly grabs her arm.

"She's not coming back Aphmau. She been gone for months and it's all because you asked for that doll." He growls in her face. Tears barely run down her face, but her eyes do water.

"She's coming back! I know she is." She argues. Her brother punches her in the stomach. She falls to the ground, her tears finally coming out.

"Hey! stop hurting her!" I scream, running in front of her. "You came here to bully me, so bully me." I tell him. He takes what I said, and punches me in the stomach.

"Never say what you don't mean orphan," He says, "People are going to think you actually mean it." He finishes. Then he walks off.

When his group is completely gone, I look back at Aphmau. She's on her back now, and her tears haven't stopped. I walk up to her and crouch next to her.

"How much does it hurt?" I ask quietly.

"A lot." She cries. "Please make it stop." She asks. 

"I can take you back to the orphanage. They might be able to help." I say. "Can you get up?"

"No." She says. I nod my head. I pick her up, and surprisingly she's really light. I wonder if she eats. 

"Thank you." She says. I look at her bruised face.

"Why?" I ask. Her cute eyes widen as she smiles at me.

"For helping me."

------------------------

The orphanage helped her a little. They bandaged her up and gave her some food, after I suggested them to. 

I walk to my room, Aphmau trailing behind me. The people told her to stay just in case something happens with her injury.

"You live here?" Aphmau asks when she sees the bed. I nod my head. I don't really like it here, so the question make me kind've sad.

"You have a lot of siblings." She says. I laugh at her statement. Sh doesn't know what an orphanage is.

"Their not my siblings. I'm not related to any of them." I say. She looks confused.

"Then why do so many people live here?" She asks. Her big brown doe eyes widen in curiosity. I smile as see looks around confused. I don't think she realizes how cute she is.

"There kids like me." I say, sitting on my bed, "The ones without parents. She looks at me for a while. I wait, seeing in her that she wants to say something. She's hesitant about it though, maybe she thinks badly of me now. A parent less kid...

"Do you think I can live here?" She whispers. She honestly caught me off guard. Aphmau looks down at the ground with sad eyes. I really want to take that sadness away.

"Why would you want that. You have a home. You have to be happy there." I say in a rush, completely confused on why she would want to give it up. Unless... 

"You aren't happy there." I remember what she looked like when she stood up to he brother. "They hurt you don't they."

"How did you know?" I focus my attention onto her black eyes. 

"Just a hunch." I say. I smile weakly at her. "You injuries are the kind that could only be inflicted by others. I get them all the time."

"Oh. I'm sorry." She says, sitting on the floor and crossing her legs. Her eyes suddenly widen as she looks under my bed. "That's the prettiest doll I have ever seen!" She reaches under my bed and cradles the doll in her arms.

"That Cadenza's. I think she left it in here by accident when she visited earlier." I say. Its the pink doll she always plays with. She always is playing with that doll, or picking flowers somewhere, but its still weird she didn't take the doll with here.

"Cadenza?" Aphmau asks.

"That's me." Cadenza says, walking in a gracing us with her presence. "And you have my doll." Her tone gets darker. It really surprises me how she can go from innocent to deadly to two seconds.

"I'm sorry. Here." Aphmau Immediately hands her back the doll, her head bowed and her small body trembling. It honestly hurt me to see her so afraid.

"Oh no, it okay, honestly." Cadenza says, her tone going to sweet instantly. She probably noticed how scared she became. "If you want you can have it." She says, taking me by complete surprise.

"Really she can have it, but I can't touch it without getting slapped." I say jokingly. She laughs, shaking her head before walking out.

"By the way. Miss Shanon says you sleeping with me tonight. Aphmau is having your room tonight." she walks out.

"She has orange hair." Aphmau says. I nod my head, grabbing a blanket before heading to the door.

"Yeah, she died it last week. It was funny watching miss Shannon get mad at her for it." I chuckle. "Get night Aphmau, I hope you enjoy my bed. Even though Miss Shanon says I'm sleeping with Cadenz, I have a feeling she's gonna make me sleep on the floor."

"Do you have to go." She asks, running to my side and holding onto my arm. "It's just that... I-I feel safer with you here." She blushes as she looks me in the eye. I feel something warm go through me, and a goofy smile falls onto my face.

"Of Course, I'll stay by your side as long as you need me too."

(12 years later)

"Always." I say, replaying the memory in my head for the thousandth time of the girl with the big caramel doe eyes. At that time I honestly don't think I knew how much she would actually mean to me. If only we kept in touch...