Chapter 2(Remake)

Aphmau POV

"Don't tell a soul, Not even that Orphan kid. I swear if you tell a soul..." My father stops, pulling a knife out, "I'll kill you."

No you won't, Dad. You're dead now. I think, looking down at his grave. I honestly don't know how it happened, all I know is I woke to the house on fire. I ran outside, not thinking about my brother or dad at the time, jut myself. I sounds selfish, but I swear it was because of the survival instincts and adrenaline in my body. An eve if the instincts weren't there, you would think the would run out on their own. I know Thomas Did, because they didn't find his body, but my father didn't. He was drunk and knocked out.

Karma got you. I think. I don't feel bad for the bastard. He put me through years of torture, and he killed my mom. I found out how my mom did when I was sixteen years of age. It was sabotage, and my dad did it. I know he did, it all adds up. Why he always tried to make me feel guilty for her death, why he always went into detail about what happened. I always thought he just always imagined what happened, but the details matched to perfectly. Tell mom I said hi.

"Lord Aphmau, there is a man at the door asking for sanctuary in Phoenix Drop." Dale, my head guard tells me. I nod my head silently following him to the gate. I am the lord of Phoenix drop, the youngest Lord that has been so far. At the lovely age of 17. I hard, but I manage with the lovely people in this town. Its easy anyway, somehow I'm still cleaning up the mess of my father, even after his death.

We walk to the front of the gate. Garroth smiles at me. I didn't know he had post here today. "He doesn't have any belongings, it suspicious." He tells me. Peering through the gate, I look at the stranger, and he is far from suspicious If anything more along the lines raggedy. his clothes are torn and covered in dirt and his hair is matted. It looks like he doesn't even have home.

"My Irene, open the door Brian let him in." I say. Relief washes over the stranger (amazingly handsome) face. I motion for him to walk through the gate, before shaking his hand. 

"Hi I'm Aphmau, Lord of Pheonix Drop. AN you are..." I pause waiting for him to answer me, but he looks like he's in awe. He looking in my eyes, and I swear I've his before. They remind me of that Orphans eyes. He smiles a wide, genuinely goofy smile.

"I found you..." He whispers, touching my cheek softly with his hand. I back away.

"Excuse me, I don't know you." I say. Even with the hostility in my voice, I still feel his soft touch on my cheek, and I kind of want to feel it again. He stands up straighter, blushing slightly as he chuckles to himself. I look at my guards, motioning subtly to stay alert.

"Don't need to motion to them, M'lady. My name's Laurance. I never got to tell you all those years ago when we first met, and we never did meet again. I swore to you all those years ago that I would stick by side. Don't you remember." He says, looking into my eyes with so much emotion. Hope. He wants me to remember more then anything. And I do. I never forgot, no matter how much they tried to make me. 

"It was so long ago." I say, tears coming to me eyes as I smile happily to him. "You made me feel safe." I wipe the tears away, motioning for my guards to stand down. "He's fine, um, Dale can you get a home ready for Laurance. I'm going to talk to him privately in my house."

"Are you sure, my Lord." He asks. I nod my head, grabbing Laurances hand and walking to the path of my house. I look back at him, smiling warmly at him and getting a goofy smile back. I giggle, I missed him I really did. When I had to leave Meteli, I got sad because I never had the chance to say goodbye to Laurance or Cadenza. The were literally the only friends ever had without my father ruining our friendship, or at least not directly trying to. He still unintentionally separated me from my friends.

"Welcome to my home Laurance. Please excuse how run down it looks. A fire happened here recently and the house hasn't been full repaired." I say, watching for his reaction. He looks so confused, it kind of makes me nervous. What if he thinks I can't take care of myself. I've been taking classes with Garroth to learn how to fight.

"It's just someone like you should have the perfect home." He says, and then he looks at me, seriousness embedded in his green eyes. "How bad did they hurt you?"

"Um, I don't feel comfortable telling you right now, maybe later." It's my way of saying it was a pain. 

"Of course, Aph. I'm always here." He says. Then he laughs. "Anyway I wouldn't be able to drag the house when I look rundown myself," He smiles that goofy smile at me, "Do you by chance have a change of clothes for me Aphmau?" He asks me.

"Actually yeah. Give me a second." I run up the stairs and head to my brothers room. His room wasn't engulfed in the flames. In fact its in-perfect-tacked compared to may father, who's room leaves a gaping hole in the hallway. 

I rush in, grabbing a pair off clothes and leaving almost instantly so I don't get any flashbacks. I really don't want to have a panic attack in front of Laurance, it might just make him want to stay away from me.

"Here, um I hope they fit." I say, handing him the clothes. "don't forget to wash you ORANGE hair." I say, just now realizing how orange his hair is. "You let Cadenza dye it didn't you."

"I asked her to change my apperance and she took it to far." He laughs before looking into my eyes and making my heart skip a beat. "Let me get ready, and ten we can catch up."

"It's a date."

____________

Hi, I'm back. I probably should have put this on the other remake. I'm trying to make this story better. I hope you guys like it.

Like and follow!!

-Kawaii

P.S. not Proofread