The boy next door

Austin looked at me surprised.

"Uh I'm sorry that was my friend." I said siting down at the small island in the kitchen opening the pasta.

"I know that was your boyfriend and i don't want to start problems so I'm going to go." he said rubbing the back of his neck.

"No don't go. I mean it'll be nice if you could stay." I said. I was so embarrassed about what happened. I didn't want Mark to affect my friendship with austin.

"Uh I guess so." he said sitting down next to me. I got up and got plates and forks and gave one to him. we started eating and telling corny jokes.

"So why didn't the skeleton go to the party?" I asked still laughing at the joke he just made.

"Um i don't know?" he said laughing.

"He had no BODY to go with" I said laughing hard. austin was chuckling and then just stared at me. things got silent.

"Your beautiful." be said looking unto my eyes.

"thanks." I said blushing and looking down. He lifted my chin and softly kissed my lips. I felt sparks fly. he let go and looked into my eyes.

"I should go." he said getting off the chair.

"I'm sorry" I whispered as he walked out the door. He quickly turned around.

"Don't be sorry." he said and turned back to door closing it I heard the door next door open and then close. the door to the apartment opened. my mom was bringing in some bags.

"Shannon my baby girl." she said running over to me and hugging me I realized that I was crying. "what's wrong baby?" she said rubbing my back.

"I don't know mom I really don't know." I said hugging her tight. she let me go. "go wash up and I'm going to put away these bags and we will talk ok" she said rubbing me back. I made my way to the the bathroom and washed my face. What am I crying about. I didn't know if it was austin or my fight and problems with Mark but I just wanted to cry. I was just feeling so over whelmed.

"Shannon" my mom called from the room. I walked into the living room and sat on the couch with her. She was drinking tea.

"So what's up, what's going on" she said turning on the tv.

"Ugh I don't know mom 'boy problems'" I said marking air quotes.

I'm really open with my mom she's always hears me out.

"Was it that boy next door I saw him leave here?" she asked flipping through the channels".

"Yeahh" said sinking in the couch.

"Ooooohhhh he's cute" she said winking at me. "didn't he move in today and you guys are like already dating?" she asked sipping her tea.

"Hahaha mom no I know him and we're not dating just friends." I said laughing. my moms so hipster lol.

"Oh ok but why we're you crying do you like him or something?" she asked.

"Actually I do and I was crying because I like him and Mark loves me and I'll never love him back." I said tears coming to my eyes. I don't know what do to and I admit I like austin.

"You know what I think." my mom said looking at me.

"You should be with who makes YOU happy not what makes Mark happy or the boy next door, just see where your heart takes you not your mind." she said hugging me. "have a good night Shannon" she said walking to her room. I turned off the tv and went to my room. I layed in bed thinking about my dad and all those happy memories austin shot into my mind and I quickly shook him out I wanted to think about me for once. What makes me happy...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think this is the longest chapter i made 😂

THANKS FOR READING AND VOTE IF AUSTIN LAST NAME IS MAHONE

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ❤️