Love?

~Austin's Pov~

I was about to say something when Shannon's phone started to ring. she answered and started talking. My mind drifted thinking about how we first met. She looked so cute at her party. Shannon was beautiful and even more now. I snapped out my trance to here a guys voice on the phone with Shannon "love you" he said "you too" Shannon responded hanging up. That must have been her boyfriend. I know I didn't meet Shannon for long but I like her and to know she loved someone else hurt. She been away from me for so long she was going to move on at some point. I missed her. her cute smile. her strait brown hair. I quickly snapped out of my thoughts and faced Shannon.

"Soo" I said feeling quite awkward about her conversation with that guy.

"I um have to go I'll see you later, it's great to see you again" she said turning to go in the elevator. I don't know what made me do this, I don't know if It was jealousy or hurt but it came out "I hope he really does love you" I said my mouth trying to take it back. But it was to late she was gone.

~ Shannon's Pov~

I stared at the screen and finally answered.

"Hey babe" Marks voice said sweetly.

"Hey" I responded trying to be as happy as him.

"Want me to pick you up tonight, we could see a movie or something?" he asked.

"Uh I'm hanging out with Brooke today." I said really not wanting to go. I want to hang out with austin.

"Ok baby, we'll it sounds like your busy so bye, I love you." he said. His words made me cringe.

"You too bye." I said quickly and hung up. I didn't love mark the same way he loved me. It was different. Mark cared about me in a way I couldn't to him. I wasn't inlove with him, I liked him and yeah maybe at some point I did want to be with him but not anymore. I looked up to face austin.

"Soooo." Austin said shoving his hands in his pockets.

"I um have to go I'll see you later, it's great to see you again." I said. I turned and pressed the elevator button. The elevator opened and I stepped in when I heard Austin's voice behind me "I hope he really does love you." and with that the elevator closed.