Chapter 40: The Banquet

Start from the beginning

Someone asking for a beating...

Then she smiled.

It was a good thing. She was actually waiting for it. Knowing how she offend Wuyue earlier, for sure that girl would not leave her unscathed.

Xiong Zhi glanced to Linfeng at her side.

"Is everything ready?"

"En. They are all here." Linfeng replied.

"Then let us give them a good show."

She's asking a show? I'll give her one!

Xiong Zhi stand up gracefully from her chair.

She smiled (smirked) lightly at Xiong Wuyue first, then faced the elders and the Old Xiong in the front row. She gave a bow and her cool and polite voice echoed.

"Greetings, to the elders and to the guests. I am Xiong Zhi, the young miss of the Xiong Family. I thank big cousin sister-" Xiong Zhi turned to Xiong Wuyue, smiled her practice smile who turned out to be a smirk at Xiong Wuyue.

"---for introducing me and giving me a chance to perform to all of you as the young miss of Xiong. " Then she looked at the guests.

(A/N: italized here means the speaker was emphasizing that word. If it was inside of " ")

Xiong Wuyue from the side smirked inwardly. She would like to see how this dumb girl would escape in this situation. Since she had someone keeping an eye to this girl she knew that Xiong Zhi don't have a music teacher. Old Xiong was very strict. He just let Xiong Zhi study the etiquettes, literature and academic. If Xiong Zhi wants to study music, she could freely study it if she requested to the Old Xiong. But Xiong Zhi had a timid and silent attitude. She would not strike a conversation first. So,in the end, she haven't studied any instrument.

Thinking this, Xiong Wuyue was confident that Xiong Zhi would be embarrassed today.

That's what'll you get for embarrassing me! For flirting with Linfeng!

" So for everyone here, for the 325th anniversary of Xiong Empire, I am honored to perform in front of all of you."

This made Xiong Wuyue look at her in disbelief.

She would play?! Impossible!

Old Xiong was also surprised. While the staff was carrying the guzhen in the platform, Old Xiong asked Mr. Zhou who were sitting at his side.

"Does Zhi'er has a music teacher?"

Mr Zhou was a little bit startled. He was the right hand of Old Xiong. So he must know everything inside the Xiong Mansion. But unfortunately, in his memory, Xiong Zhi doesn't have one. So he answer truthfully.

"....from what I know she doesn't have one. But young miss is a genius, she must have learned it herself."

"Then where did she get the instrument?" Old Xiong was not a fun of any kind of entertainment other than go. So the Xiong mansion had no new musical instrument. They had a music room, and the instrument there were in the glass case, because each instrument was hundred years old, the purpose only was to amuse the people not to play with it.

"That...this aide doesn't know..."

"En. It is truly a wonder." Old Xiong looked back at the stage where her granddaughter positioned herself in front of guzhen. Looking at his intelligent granddaughter made the old Xiong felt that this child was mysterious.