If someone was going to kill me, I would put up a good fight and whoever it was wouldn't be Jungkook.

So, as soon as I finished emptying my stomach, I showered and got ready for training. Of course, I took extra care with my teeth and complexion so no one would notice that I had been sick.

When I finished, I walked outside of the bathroom with a new sense of determination shining in my eyes.

Jungkook was already waiting for me, he explained that they already had breakfast and that I should be quick about eating.

Somehow, he had managed to make me feel stupid. Breakfast wasn't about Breakfast, it was about strategies. But I suppose we already knew what we should do.

I didn't answer Jungkook or even look at him as I took a small green apple, walking outside where the elevator was waiting for us.

"I know you're mad at me, but I promise you, this will all make sense soon," Jungkook vowed as we stepped into the elevator. Rolling my eyes, I pretended to observe my nails like some of the people in the Capital did.

At the same time, I felt mad, why was he acting so daft now?

What was actually supposed to be ignoring him for at least the reminder of that today, was cut short by my temper.

"Huh? When will it make sense? In the arena? After the arena?!" I raised my voice at him, trying to portray how mad I really was. While it didn't work as well as I wanted it to (my voice sounded kinda high because of the throwing up), it did showcase that I was not messing around.

Jungkook shushed me with a glare as the door opened and an unfamiliar figure with white hair walked inside the elevator. He immediately received a glare from me as well.

Two could play that game. And besides, I had practiced my glares. Not for nothing, thankfully.

Our conversation immediately stopped, Jungkook started staring into the distance and I started observing the Newcomer who seemed to immersed in his paperwork to notice us.

He was young, probably nineteen or eighteen, but he wasn't a tribute. I would have recognized him immediately if he was.

He was from the capital, that much was clear, but just like with Kai, he would have looked attractive to anyone. Unlike most capital people, he wasn't dressed crazily.

Nor had he decorated his body in a peculiar manner.

His hair was bleached white, his eyes were gray, his lips were full and pouty and his expression was somewhat terrifying. As if he was about to kill someone.

Directing my eyes to the floor once again, I gulped. Meeting new people here was absolutely terrifying, there was no doubt about it.

When the door opened, the man snapped out of his stupor and sent us a nasty glare, one that made me shrink slightly.

Seeing my state of fear, Jungkook, despite everything, placed his hand on my arm, trying to calmly. Although I wouldn't admit it, I was a bit grateful for his presence.

But that didn't mean I would trust him again. No, I would not be as naive as before. Not anymore.

We joined the other tributes cautiously.