Chapter 34. "Love is a curse; Hate is a blessing."

Începe de la început

"It's likely this was an assassination mission of me." Shen Wei said.

"There was such an evidence of destruction around everywhere! How did you even get in?!" Shen Wei asked.

"Your Honour, you aren't the smartest around here. I got inside the same way you must have." Chu said.

"That's how you knew about the inside..." Shen Wei realised as Chu nodded in aggressively, "But what about the damage?"

"I had control over this ability, so I could easily slip in and out." Chu replied.

Everything was much quieter now that his death was too far gone. It was sad to know that the darkness had tricked to many good person into becoming something so evil.

"Where is Zhao YunLan? Is he okay?" Shen Wei asked concerned.

Chu stood up, "He's okay, Your Honour. He's the one who told me to look for you here. And bring you back as soon as possible."

Shen Wei felt happy but he dare not show it. He felt happy enough to be remembered and be concerned for. That was good news for Shen, as at the very least that meant that Haixing was still a safe place for them to lay low.

Unexpectedly, an awful feeling pooling in his gut was all the proof he needed.

Something was off.

Shen Wei listened. It took his weary mind much longer than it would normally take for him to notice. A life force.

A scream of battle cry and roared of hell beast from far away cut through the dark place, barely audible at the distance it came from, the east side of Dixing walls solid enough to prevent most noises from getting in.

To Shen Wei's ears, however, it was positively deafening.

Realization hit him instantaneously and, with a practiced movement of his hand. In a flash, he was already on his feet, teleporting more than once in his rush to get out of there, get to the source, get to 'him' before it was too late.

Zhao YunLan needs him.

It wasn't the first time this was happening. And knowing someone so brusco like Zhao YunLan even though he knows how dangerous it is for someone like him to come in Dixing. Shen always hated himself for not being able to prevent it. It was his responsibility, he sworn, so long ago, that he'd protect him with his life. So he had taken it upon himself to deal with the aftermath. No matter how much Shen Nong and it's Med-Bowl wanted to convince him to leave the Mountain spirit god behind, that he was a burden for him, Shen just couldn't severe the bond. He didn't want to do it. Nobody else understood them, and that was okay for him.

As long as he could keep Zhao alive, it was okay.

The outside world was much brighter than it had any right to be in Dixing. This was the trashiest part of the world, and the air was accordingly nauseating, heavy with smoke and cold breeze of air and god knows what else. Shen Wei wasn't entirely sure where he was supposed to be searching, but when the distinct smell of hell beasts wafted over to him with a sudden gust of wind, that was as clear of a lead as he was ever going to get.

On the east part of Dixing, where Zhao, Lin Jing, Zhu Hong, Da Qing and Guo ChangCheng were walking. Even though Shen Wei and Chu were not with them. They manage to found a way into the hell.

After receiving such unexpected news, that the fire on the holy Lamp completely stops burning. Zhao cannot sit still and let Shen Wei take care of things himself again. God knows what that Ghost King would do if he's not around.

Guo and Zhu Hong rush off to check the path if it's safe for them, leaving Zhao alone with Da Qing and Lin Jing.

"I would have totally broken down that forcefield if Chief Zhao didn't drop it at that time." Lin Jing happily argues.