"They think they're so clever and know everything that they don't even listen to their elders." Aunt Ophelia had her eyes on me when she said those words.

I quirked an eyebrow at what she was implying. Shaking my head at her childish behaviour, i focused on the tv screen.

"Jack Cole?" I gaped an the TV screen when the 'famous' person name was revealed.

It's not Jack's, the renowned quarterback of The Eagles, first time being caught in a dating scandal. He's infamous for his chain of relationships with various supermodels and actresses...

"Who'd even date that half wit excuse of a human?" Aunt Ophelia shuddered in clear disgust.

"He's not that bad." Mum defended Jack. When she saw the look Aunt Ophelia sent her way, she explained herself. "Yes, he's always in this sort of scandals and stuff but that doesn't mean he's a bad person."

"I agree." i piped in, raising my hand backing mum who nodded her head my way.

Aunt Ophelia looked far from happy by our opinions about Jack.
"You." she started pointing a finger at me, "you're blind to what's happening around you so you keep quiet." She was still not over me refusing to believe her over Jayden liking me.

It was not that i don't believe her, i want to believe her. I wished Jayden liked me too but i didn't wanna give myself false hope. Raise my expectations about Jayden only to get my heartbroken like four years back.

"And Hayden, someone who doesn't respect women cannot be labelled as a nice person." Aunt Ophelia told mum. She had already created a picture of Jack's personality in her head, her confident face said it all.

"You can't judge a person based on what the news portray about him or her. Before judging, make sure you have met them." Mum wasn't backing down.

"Uh Hayden, I've met him and that's how i know he's a rude ass jerk of a man."

"Lang-"

"What i am saying is, i don't like him and i want him to pay me for the damage he did to my car." Aunt Ophelia cried at the end of her sentence, her anger and frustration towards Jack clear and lucid for anyone to notice.

"What's going on?" A confused looking Harper entered the living room. She kept her backpack on the couch- the space beside me before occupying the vacant space beside Aunt Ophelia. She was visiting one of her friends today.

"Oh, the usual. Aunt Ophelia declaring her overwhelming love for Jack." I joked, a chuckled escaped from me when i saw her sour expression. Mum cracking a smile at her reaction.

Harper laughed. "I hope she gets to meet him and click a selfie with the king of football." Harper joined in the party to tease Aunt Ophelia.

"Eww, i choose to go bald instead." She made a weird face at both Harper and i.

"Oh, since we are already on the topic of Jack, i got some news." Mum suddenly announced getting the attention of the three other person present in the room with her.

"And that is..." Harper drew out. Curiosity lurking in her eyes.

Even before mum break the news to us, i had a bad feeling about it.

"We are going over to Clair's for dinner tonight." She announced coolly.

And just like that, i understood what Jayden and previously meant by his 'I'll see you at dinner'.

"Yayyy." Harper was excited with the news so was Sun Ophelia.

"I'd like to skip." I raised my hand in the air as if asking for some sort of permission.