chapter seven

Depuis le début

"Don't worry! Kai Oppa is the very best in all categories," Calico winked suggestively and I couldn't help but facepalm in my head. What she meant with that, I didn't even want to know.

My stylists were all pretty cool and chill, except for Calico who was a royal pain in the ass. But even so, she was also okay, I guess.

Techie was a small man with purple hair and green eyes and Commytiche was pretty normal actually, she had brown hair and blue eyes. She looked pretty.

And then there was Calico who sported a rainbow wig (apparently a declaration of love for Sehun), yellow contacts and on top of that, she had green skin.

If this Kai was Calico's type then I could only fear what I would be wearing. In my head, I imagined Kai as a pompous toad looking man with yellow spiky hair.

I even giggled at my image of him, causing Calico to look at me as if I was the weird one. As if!

But then the door opened and the most beautiful person on the entire Planet walked inside the room.

That was certainly no toad man with spiky yellow hair.

He was obviously more than just a few years older than me, probably in his early twenties and oh my god, he was hot, despite him living in the capital.

Maybe Calico liked him because he was everyone's type. No one would deny that he was drop-dead gorgeous in basically every way possible.

His hair was brown and slicked back in a cool way, his skin was slightly tan, his lips were thick and his eyes were an electric blue. He looked inhuman almost.

But he smiled like a human. There was something in his eyes that told me to trust him, something that told me that he was kind. Maybe it was the light shimmer in his eyes and genuine smile on his face that prompted these thoughts.

"Ah, you must be Y/n. It's nice to see a true beauty like yourself," He commented in a silk voice that still sounded slightly joking. And he added a playful wink, one that probably was supposed to make me feel comfortable. It actually just made my heart beat faster.

"Hello and uh thanks..." I stuttered out, he could probably guess how nervous I was, even though I didn't really want that.

"Look at me. I'm going to make you shine like the star you are, I am going to make sure you enter that arena with all eyes on you, understood?" He asked and when I nodded hesitantly, he smiled, reassuring me even more.

Right away, he started complimenting me on how I looked, on how I sat and on how cute I seemed. If he continued like this, my confidence was going to be out of this world.

I liked him and part of me already trusted Kai somewhat.

What was up with me? Why did I like people all of a sudden? First, I made friends with Mark and Jungkook, and now I put my trust in a capital stranger?

"I'm going to make you bloom like the flower you are." He whispered as he drew a circle around me. For some reason, the other stylists were suddenly gone. Thank God.

"You look older than sixteen, that's going to matter in my styling. As long as you look old enough, you're old enough for the crowd." He explained and I nodded in response. If I could intimidate the other tributes, it would definitely be a plus. I wouldn't be seen as just a young girl from district eleven.