Royal Love- Fillie~ Part 1

Start from the beginning

Love?

"Why not? You're an amazing person. Any girl would be lucky to have you." She says, trying to keep her voice steady.

Even you?

"Finn." A cold voice states, and they turn their attention to see Sadie Sink; Finn's outfit designer, at the door.

"Your father wants me to try some designs on you for tomorrow. You need to have a fitting."

He nods, standing up from the chair. As he is about to exit, he turns to Millie. "Meet me in the garden at 8:00." He states and she nods, signaling that she got his message.

And with that, he exits the kitchen, walking back to the world of strict rules, uptight traditions that have to be followed, and where his opinion is forced to stay within his mind.
***

Millie tugs nervously at her jacket, the material still smells of Finn; even after 4 years. The cold autumn breeze brushes gently against her face. Her hair is a short and curly mess of light brown. Her eyes scan for Finn, and she pulls the jacket closer to her skin as a harsher whip of cold wind brushes against her.

"Mills." A voice calls out, not entirely loud, but enough for her to hear.

She smiles at him as he jogs to her. He grins at her as he notices her wearing the jacket he gave her when they were 16.

"Hey. What'd you need to tell me?" She asks, sitting down on one of the benches, him copying her actions.

"I need to say this before it's too late. Mills, I love you. I have since we were 10. I don't want to marry a princess because I want to marry you." He grabs her hands, and she gasps at his words.

"Finn." She whispers, and he feels his stomach drop.

"I don't expect you to return the feelings. But please tell me I'm not getting my hopes up."

She stares fixedly at his soft eyes, searching for any sign that he did not mean his words. She sees nothing but sincerity and love in his eyes, an emotion she wasn't used to people felling about her.

"Finn. I love you too. But you can't be with me." The words hurt to say, but she has to admit it. They both knew it was a disgrace for royalty to fall in love with a servant.

"Why not?" He asks, but not because he didn't know, but because he wanted to know why she didn't have even a sliver of hope that this could work.

"I want to. Believe me, it's my heart's biggest desire. But you know the rules, and you know the traditions." She sighs, each word a shard of ice piercing her heart.

"But I love you. More than any princess." She looks into his eyes; those big doe eyes.

"You'll find someone better." Tears pool in her eyes, but she holds them back, standing up and walking back towards the castle; heartbroken.
***

"I am Princess Diona of Daleville." A voice flows, as she curtsies towards the thrones.

"And Miss Diona, what do you plan to do to help Quailson?" King Wolfhard's voice booms, and Finn sits there, bored.

"I plan to help the needy." She smiles a forced smile. Finn rolls his eyes, bored of the same answer.

He scans the row of princesses; they were beautiful, anyone could see, but none compared to Millie.

He perks up when he sees Millie, standing nervously by the food table. She wasn't dressed in her usual serving closed; instead she wore a light pink dress, silver flowers imprinted upon the dress. Her curled hair rests gently upon her angelic face.

He had always thought she was beautiful; but seeing her in a dress like this, words failed to describe her.

He acts as if in a trance, not even noticing he had stood up and walked towards the table until he stood in front of the majestic girl.

She smiles nervously at him. "What are you doing over here?" She asks, noticing every eye upon her.

"I need to do this." He mumbles, more to himself than to her, before leaning down and gently pressing his lips upon her glossed ones.
***

Um... has my writing gotten even worse?

Dangerous Part 8 coming soon 😊

Word count: 1284