Chapter 37- happy for you

Start from the beginning

Yup, window it is.

I made the climb up to her window like I always used to, surprised at how unfamiliar it felt. How is it that I haven't done this in so long??

When I was finally at her windowsill, I struggled to open the window, then jump inside. Instead of landing smoothly- though I was never even able to before- I smashed against the floor of her bedroom, groaning in pain. I'm definitely gonna have a bruise on my back after this.

I stood up to go find Ji-won, but when I did I saw her sitting in her rolly chair, staring at me with a faint, amused smile.

"Oh!" I say, surprised she was in the room. She could've at least helped me open the window. "Uh..." I was unsure of what to do, because I would usually hug her or or just sit on her bed and start talking, but that all felt weird now. I wasn't even sure if we were on good terms. "Hi?"

"That was a terrible fail, by the way." She said, referring to my fall. I cleared my throat.

"Well, it's been a while..."

We just stared at each other in silence for a few, painfully long seconds, and I suddenly wanted to turn around and jump out the window and die. I considered it seriously for a moment before she spoke.

"Are you just gonna stand there?"

A moment of silence.

"Um, yeah I guess so."

She rolled her eyes, though it didn't seem like she was actually annoyed. It looked playful I think. Why is it so hard and nerve wracking to tell what she's feeling now?

She gets up and walks over, grabbing my wrist and sitting me down in her other chair.

"Hm. Isn't this Jungkook's chair?" I ask with a hint of salt. Hella bad idea, I realize a quarter of a second later. She shoots me a death cold glare.

"Do you really want to go ther-"

"Just kidding!" I say quickly and nervously.

I chuckle awkwardly, cursing myself internally for my stupidity. She gives me a weird look.

"Stop chuckling awkwardly it's making me uncomfortable."

"It's not an awkward chuckle, it's a genuine-"

"It was hella awkward."

"Well you used to always say that things were never awkward between u-"

"Not the fucking time!"

"Just kidding!!" I said again. You dumbass are you trying to make things worse?

"So let's talk." She said. A feeling buzzed up in me, and I actually couldn't tell if it was worry or hopefulness or nausea. Maybe all three.

So we started talking.

It started off smoothly; she was explaining the party in a bit too much detail, but I appreciated her honesty. I guess she was just too overwhelmed when she decided to go upstairs with him. I listened and genuinely tried to understand her point of view of everything. I listened well.

But when the subject of the party wandered off and we got to the real topic, which was us not talking and all the reasons why, we started interrupting each other. The actual arguing and yelling started like this: