Chapter Thirty-Nine

Start from the beginning

A chorus of me's make me cringe and turn away. But then I recognize one of the girls leaning out of the shadows to wave the popcorn guy over, what with her long braids and brown skin and—

Wait a fucking second...

"Riley?" I say loudly, and she freezes when she finds me through the dark.

"Shit," I hear her mutter.

"What the fuck? What are you doing here?" I step through the people sitting on the floor, possibly stomping on someone's phone, but they don't cry out, so they won't know until the morning, and am stopped from demanding answers when the popcorn guy holds his arm out, stopping me from shaking the devious girl who blatantly lied to me.

"We're trying to watch a show. Chill out and grab a beer—"

"Aren't you that Dylan guy?" I sneer and narrow my eyes. I'm slowly but surely piecing this bizarre scenario together, and I'm not liking the image being painted in my mind.

He smiles. "Blue! I almost didn't recognize you in the dark. And it's Declan—"

"Yeah, I don't give two fucks." I push past him and step over hands and bags of chips to stand in front of Riley, ignoring all the complaints and shouting. What are they upset about? The show isn't even remotely good.

"Could you move? You're blocking the TV." Riley tries shooing me out of the way.

"No, I am not moving until you tell me what the hell is going on, and why you are here," I demand. I have half a mind to plug out the TV, throw it out of the window, and interrogate both her and Dylan to find out where my fucking girlfriend is.

But before she can give me more crap, there's a familiar small gasp behind me. I don't need to turn around to know it's Lily.

I slowly face her and watch her eyes try to avoid mine. She's standing in front hallway, wearing that fucking cardigan that perfectly highlights her curves and cleavage protruding from her tank top. I barely held myself back from ripping that thing off her and fucking her against the door before she left, and now that Dylan is right beside me looking at her with admiration, I want to put a damn cloak on her and hide her away.

"Of course, you fled to this motherfucker for a goddamn slumber party!" I shout and receive hushes. I just roll my eyes and focus on her folding her arms across her chest, trying to appear angry with me.

"It's not a slumber party; it's a get-together," she lamely explains.

"I don't care what it is, we are leaving and we're going now." I stomp over anyone in my path. I can't believe I've been looking for her and waiting for her, and all this time she's been up here cuddling up to this asshole watching a shitty TV show. This is absolute bullshit.

"No, I'm not going anywhere."

"You wanna bet?" I say sarcastically.

Dylan slides in front of me, holding his hands up defensively with a stupid smile. "Hey. Why don't you step outside and take a breather before making a mistake you'll regret?"

"Get the hell out of the way before I make you," I threaten.

"Blue," Lily gasps.

"Stay out of this!" I glare at her over his shoulder, then move my eyes to the prick standing in front of me. "You, too. This has nothing to do with you. Mind your goddamn business and move out of the way." I have no problem beating him unconscious as long as he gets out of my fucking way.

"Stop this now." Lily walks around him and takes my hand. "I'm sorry, Declan, but we have to go before he lashes out, once again. This was very fun, and I hope we can do this again."