Chapter 21

Chapter 21

*Jason's POV*

"You know, it is a felony to have sex with a minor." The detective spat in my face for the third time since I've been here.

"Like I said, it was consensual."

"That doesn't make it a lesser crime, Mr. McCann."

"Well, sir, I think it should."

"No. It's still statutory rape."

"Where's my lawyer?" I groaned. This guy is really getting on my nerves.

"He is on his way." He said and walked out.

Same answer I got twenty minutes ago. I've been here for three hours and I am exhausted. They've been asking the most stupid and outrageous questions.

I looked up from my hands when I heard the door open. My face lit up when my eyes laid sight on Blair.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her excitedly.

"They released me from the hospital. I'm still having a little trouble walking, but I refused to stay there without you. Hospitals aren't my cup of tea."

"It's probably not the best thing for me right now, but I am so glad that you are here."

"I needed to see you." She sat down in front of me and grabbed my hand. She looks so much better now. She is still a little pale but that's to be expected.

"Your hands are cold, princess."

"That's because you haven't been holding them."

We are going all chick flick in here. I love every minute of it.

"What are they going to do to you?"

"I don't know. It's a felony for an adult to have sex with a minor."

"Wait, when they were taking you, did they state to you your rights? They have to state the Miranda Rights when they arrest someone.

"No, they didn't! They can't convict me!" I jumped up. A detective rushed in probably thinking the worst.

"Sit down, McCann!"

I smirked. Just wait till it's trial time.

~Three Days Later~

"Mr. McCann, did you or did you not confess?"

"I did, sir, but I did not know that I had the right to stay silent. I was not told my rights when I was arrested."

The judge looked at me, then to the police officer. "Did you dumbasses forget to state this mans Miranda Rights?"

"Yes, sir."

"Alright then. Mr. McCann, you are free to go."

I smirked at the cop as he undid my cuffs. Gotta love the laws. I can't be retried for this either because that would break the double jeopardy law. Blair turns eighteen next week anyway.

I walked out of the courthouse holding Blair's hand as many news reporters were waiting outside. Apparently, this story has been big in the news for days.

"Mr. McCann, how are you feeling about all this?" A reporter asked me.

"Well, I think that what they were trying to charge me with was completely ridiculous. I'm also very happy that I don't have to spend another night in that hellhole. I've missed my princess." I looked over at Blair. She blushed and smiled while looking into my eyes.

"Aw, you look so in love!" The reporter states.

"We are." Blair and I speak in unison without removing our gaze from each other.

We walked away from the reporters and to her car. I opened the passenger door for her before getting in the drivers side.

"Wanna go for ice cream?" I asked her. Her face lit up as she nodded.

*Blair's POV*

Jason and I walked into a little ice cream shop not far from the courthouse. I shivered as a cool draft hit me. Jason wrapped his arm around me as we walked inside.

"What would you guys like?"

I looked up when I heard that voice. It's Jake.

"Hey, Jake."

"Hey, Blair." He smiled.

"Baby, what do you want? I'll buy you whatever even if it's this shop." Jason spoke while looking through the many varieties of ice cream.

"I just want an old school shake."

"Wanna get the extra large and share?"

I nodded. "Butter pecan, please."

"Anything for you, princess." He kissed my cheek.

Jake took our order and walked away to fix it. He came back a few minutes later carrying the biggest milkshake I have ever seen in my life. My eyes lit up like a Christmas tree.

"Blair, I want to apologize for what happened." He said with sorrow in his eyes.

"Jake, I'm over it. Really."

"I'm happy you found someone. I did to. I'm with Eden."

"Oh my goodness that is fantastic! Wait, she is on the good side, right?" I exclaimed excitedly.

"Yes. Mason, Eden, and I are the good guys. Promise."

I smiled. It's great to know that someone has my back. "It was great seeing you, Jake. Thank you."

He smiled and nodded. Jason and I walked outside with our humongous shake. It seems like everything is playing out nicely right now but life has the idea that every time I'm happy, it feels the need to knock me on my ass. I have a feeling that time is coming soon.