XXVII

Beyonce laid back on the examination table as the doctor rubbed the cold gel over her tummy. Taraji stood next to her and they stared at the screen. Tears came to Beyonce's eyes as she saw her tiny baby pop up on the screen. Never had she felt so connected with something in her life before.

"You're 4 months Ms. Knowles, I'm surprised you didn't notice already," Dr. Gardner said to her.

"I barely had any symptoms until recently and my stomach looks the same," Beyonce said to him.

"Have you been under any stress?" Dr. Gardner asked her.

Beyonce simply nodded her head. Stress would be an understatement for what she has been going through. Ever since she's met Shawn she has been stressed but she wouldn't change it for the world.

"Well, I'm going to need you to do anything you can to reduce your stress levels Ms.Knowles. That could be contributing to why your stomach is still so flat. Some women don't show until way later, and some barely show at all. Your baby seems to be very healthy though,"

"When will she be able to find out the gender?" Taraji asked.

"Oh yes, actually if you look here I can show you,"

They both looked up at the screen. The doctor pointed to the area where you can see the baby's private area. Beyonce and Taraji honestly couldn't tell since they had never seen a real ultrasound before. Only Beyonce had been pregnant before and she didn't get far enough in her pregnancy to even see an ultrasound photo.

"You're having a baby girl, Ms. Knowles," Dr. Gardner said.

Tears began to form in Beyonce's eyes and soon they dropped, falling slowly down her cheek.

"Are you okay?" Taraji asked her.

"Yes, I couldn't be any happier T,"

Taraji smiled and placed a kiss on Beyonce's cheek.

"That's my god baby," Taraji said with pride.

"It definitely is," Beyonce said to her.

"Well I hate to cut into your moment but I want to inform you on some things Ms. Knowles," Dr. Gardner said.

"I'm all ears,"

"Well you're pretty healthy already but I just want you to be extra careful. I hate that you didn't realize you were pregnant sooner so we could've gotten you sooner but that is no problem. I advise you to take some prenatal vitamins and just make sure you eat healthy,"

"Okay doc," Beyonce said to him.

"Also remember to make sure your mental health is in check as well," He said to her.

"I will," she said to him.

He smiled at her.

"Good! I'll see you again in 2 weeks just to check on the baby again. You two ladies enjoy your day!"

"You do the same," They said to him.

He quickly wiped the gel from the ultrasound off of her belly and walked out of the room.

Taraji helped Beyonce off of the examination table.

"How are you feeling about all of this?" Taraji asked her while they grabbed their purses.

"I'm actually very happy. I was so nervous at first because I didn't think I'd be ready to be a mother but after seeing the ultrasound I know it'll be okay. I already feel so much love for my plum plum," Beyonce said referring to her daughter that was growing in her tummy.

"That's good! I'm just ready to spoil my god daughter! She's gonna be the flyest baby ever!" Taraji said.

"Mhm. You and Tyrese will be next,"