XX

Screams filled the house and Shawn didn't no what to do. He sat in the corner of the room and just watched her. He tried consoling her but she bit him before proceeding to scream to the top of her lungs. Each time he tried calling Beyonce her phone went straight to voice mail. He hadn't heard from her since she left the house last night. It was now 7:55 a.m. so wherever she was at, she could have been sleep.

He was sleep until he heard the screaming. Rosa woke up in a fit and he still didn't know why. He couldn't get her to calm down to even ask her. It had been over an hour and he was surprised she still even had the strength to scream. He tried calling Beyonce but it went straight to voicemail yet again.

"You want to talk to granddaddy Matt?" he asked, hoping that it may calm her down.

She only looked at him, and her eyes looked so lifeless, just how his looked many times.

"I want Beyonce!" she yelled while tears streamed down her face.

"I don't know where she is Rosa,"

"She left me didn't she? Everyone leaves,"

"No baby, she just wasn't feeling well," he said, hoping she'd believe him and calm right down.

"NO!" she yelled.

His patience was wearing extremely thin and he didn't want to go off on the little girl. He loved her dearly and he never wanted her to see that side of him. He was now so happy that he didn't enroll her in school. He is now realizing how much help Rosa really needs and he can't give it to her. He needs Beyonce to help her. He's been so wrapped up in himself that he hasn't paid enough attention to his niece's needs.

"She's coming back soon Rosa, please work with me," he pleaded.

For once in his life he felt weak. He couldn't even get his own niece to calm down. She'd rather have Beyonce, which is understandable but a sad thing to admit to yourself. Rosa must've felt very uncomfortable alone with him.

"Rosa," he said one last time, his voice cracking.

She stopped her crying and her screaming and looked at him. His voice sounded just like hers when she begged her mom to pay attention to her. It wasn't in her heart to do someone that way so she responded to him.

"I'm listening," she said lowly.

"I know you want Beyonce but she can't come right now. I'm here for you though so please talk to me,"

A lone tear fell from her right eye. Expressing her feelings were so hard. For her whole life she had been discouraged to talk about her feelings. She wasn't even used to getting shown this much attention before she moved in with her uncle and Beyonce. Over the short time she's been here she had grown so attached to Beyonce. She loved her uncle but she didn't like men besides her grandpa Mattie.

"I'm just scared,"

"Why are you scared Rosa, do I scare you?"

"A bit,"

He sighed. He tried so hard to make her comfortable and he didn't know what to do now.

"What can I do to change that?"

"Nothing. I don't trust men, they make me uncomfortable,"

"I'd never hurt you Rosa. Never! I promise you that,"

She only looked at him. She loved her uncle and wanted badly to believe him but right now she just wanted Beyonce.

"Well do you want something to eat?" he asked.

"Don't have an appetite," she replied dryly.

He palmed his face and walked closer to her, he held out his hand and she just looked at it.