XI

Beyonce was in the bedroom, admiring the ring on her finger once again when she heard a phone go off. She looked over on Shawn's nightstand. Never before had she been through his phone or even touched it but she was more than sure that he wouldn't mind. She picked it up and looked at it. It was messages from TyTy. She read them and her jaw dropped. His sister was back in town with a child. She tapped on the image of the child and zoomed in. She looked so beautiful, but also looked malnourished. Her hair was matted on her head and her arms had scars and bruises all over them. 

She knew right then that Renee was probably abusing the child. She didn't want to tell Shawn but she felt as if she had no other choice. This was his battle to deal with and she wanted to see how he would deal with it. So, she hesitantly walked down stairs to his office and handed him the phone. She watched as he read the messages, paying close attention to his facial expressions. Surprisingly, he made none at all. His body didn't tense up but his eyes did grow darker in color, to the point where they seemed lifeless. 

"Are you okay baby?" she asked him but he didn't say a word. 

He put the phone in his pocket, grabbed his briefcase and walked out of the room. This time, she didn't chase him. As his therapist and fiance she wanted to stop him, she knew she should stop him but then she thought of how bad the woman treated him. So for once she would just watch and see how things played out.

The sun was out bright, as Shawn sat beneath a tree that was in a park not far from his childhood home. This park brought so many memories. He'd come out here whenever he needed to escape his home life. He began to reminisce on things, try to remember how the hell he became the way he was. As he closed his eyes and took deep breaths he began to see flashes of the past, right before his eyes, playing like a movie. 

"Mommy," little Shawn called out for his mother. 

The door to her bedroom was locked shut and he heard loud noises coming from it. He always heard loud noises coming from his mommy's bedroom. He tried his best to ignore them but sometimes they got too loud. 

"Mommy!" he yelled once again and still he got no answer. He gave up and ran into his room locking the door behind him. He hid in his clothes hamper and began breathing slower and lighter. Tears were falling from his eyes as he heard someone at his door. Soon he heard his door break open and footsteps. 

"You can't hide from me Shawnee baby," renee said in a sing-song voice. 

He held his breath for as long as he could, but just like a dog, Renee searched him out. She reached into the hamper and pulled him out by the collar of his shirt. Tears ran down his face and mucus dripped from his nose. He bit his lip, and closed his eyes, not wanting to witness what would happen to him. 

"Open your eyes now!" she barked at him and reluctantly he opened his eyes to see her friends sitting on the couch smirking at him. 

"Make him strip," one of them said. 

He felt a belt hit him on his backside. 

"Do what she said," his sister said and he slowly took off his little outfit his mother had put on him that morning. 

He closed his eyes and allowed his mind to leave his body for what happened. The pain was still unbearable and he screamed out for his mom. He screamed and screamed. She still never left her room, the noises that were emitted from there only became louder and more frequent. Nobody heard his screams and the he soon realized he wasn't screaming at all. Screaming only made things worse but in his head, he was yelling to the top of his lungs. He wished someone would save him. 

"Shawn," he heard someone say. 

He opened his eyes and saw Beyonce sitting in front of him. She was wiping the tears from his eyes and he realized she had some in hers too. 

"I need you," he said in such a baby like voice that it made her break down inside. 

She grabbed him and held him in her arms as he cried his eyes out to her once again. She hated seeing him like this but she loved comforting him. 

"Go do what you need to do baby, I won't tell," Beyonce whispered in his ear and gave him a weak smile. 

"But what about the progress I've been making?" 

"Some scores need to be settled," she said kissing him on the cheek and he smiled back at her. 

"Go do your thing gangsta," 

"I gotchu baby thug," he said as he gently kissed her on the lips. 

Shawn watched as Beyonce walked to her car and drove off. Afterwards he called Tyran who had already snatched Renee and the girl up and put them in the warehouse. He drove their and put his thumb over the scanner. It scanned his thumbprint and granted him access. When he walked in the little girl was tied up to a chair and so was Renee. He had questions he wanted to ask her, like why she did what she did to him but he didn't want to hear her speak. He didn't hesitate to look her dead in her eyes before shooting her between hers. Unfortunately the little girl had to see this but a smile came upon her face when she saw it. 

"Thank you," she said with tears now falling down her face. 

"Why are you thanking me, who was Renee to you?" Shawn asked the girl. 

She cleared her throat before she began to talk. 

"She is my mom. Life with her has been terrible. She literally beat me every single day for no reason," 

"How old are you?" 

"I'm 11, I just turned 11 yesterday. You wanna know what she gave me for my birthday?" the girl asked, while flipping her hair and exposing a huge bruise in the back of her head. Luckily her thick black hair covered it up for the most part. 

"I'm sorry to hear that, she hurt me too. I'm your uncle," 

"Please, I won't say a thing, just let me go," 

"Where will you go?" 

"I don't know to be honest. Anywhere is better than living with her was," 

Shawn wanted to just take the girl with him but he didn't know how Beyonce would react. She was trying to get pregnant and they already had too much on their plate. He looked over at Tyran who gave him a look. Tyran's one little look said so much. He was telling Shawn to Rescue the girl. 

"What's your name?" he asked. 

"Rosa," she said with a smile. 

Shawn untied Rosa and Tyran walked the girl to Shawn's car. He hoped and prayed that Beyonce would stay ride or die because he knew this would be a lot to take in but he couldn't leave Rosa to fend for herself the way he had to.