XXVI

It was as if time itself had frozen. They all looked at one another but didn't say a word. Niko didn't know how to feel or what to even say to Shawn. He had imagined for years what he'd say when he finally got to meet him but now that he was right in front of him he was at a loss for words.

"Who is he Bey?" Shawn asked.

"That's something he should tell you Shawn," she said.

"I'm waiting," Shawn said, staring Niko dead in his face.

"I'm your father," Niko said and Shawn just continued to stare.

I tried to read his facial expression, see how mad he actually might be but I couldn't. His eyes were just like dead dark orbs. The more he just stared at Niko, the faster my heart began to beat. Shawn was so bipolar and even though he has been taking his meds I'm not sure how he will react to this.

After what felt like forever Shawn's body finally seemed to relax and he began to speak to Niko. The whole time Niko didn't seem frightened like most people do by Shawn. He looked him square in his eyes and he didn't tense, nor did his breathing pattern change. He was so calm, as if he didn't know that there was a possible storm brewing in his son.

"Why are you just now coming to me. I haven't had you in my life for this long I definitely don't need you now!" Shawn hissed.

"Baby, let him explain before you start going off," Beyonce hesitantly said to him.

He looked at me and I blew his breath, then he looked back at Niko.

"Well start explaining yo,"

" Your mother and I fell in love, I just told Beyonce, the whole story. I never knew that you were mine or that she was pregnant until after she ran off. I looked everywhere for you, for years, and I could never find you,"

"I don't believe this! I'm a freaking billionaire! Who doesn't know who I am?"

"I'm not talking about now, I'm talking about when you were younger. I looked for you, I wanted to be a father to you Shawn! I loved your mother and damn it I loved you," Niko said.

He then began digging in his pockets and pulled out a photo and handed it to Shawn. It was a photo of Niko and Gloria. They were in the backyard of Niko's home, sitting on a white bench. They both looked so happy, so joyful.

"I loved your mother Shawn, I was there for her and would have continued to be if she hadn't run off. I don't know why she left me the way she did but it happened and I can't change it. I just want to be there for you now in any way possible."

Shawn didn't say anything, he just stared at the photo. It had been so long since he had looked at a photo of his mother. Her smile was so contagious, even through a photograph, that it caused a smile to creep upon Shawn's face. A tear even escaped from his eye and fell down his cheek. Beyonce came up to him and wiped it. She also looked at the photo and admired how beautiful his mother was and how handsome Niko was as well.

"Was she very happy when she stayed with you?" Shawn asked Niko.

He smiled faintly and his eyes looked glazed as if he were reminiscing.

"Yes I believe she was. We used to stay up late having deep conversations. I really wish I knew why she ran off, especially while pregnant. I would've been an amazing father to you Shawn,"

"I believe so, maybe we can talk and get to know each other, and I can get to know the other side of my family,"

"Of course! They've been dying to meet you, they all helped me look for you before,"

"Well, the search is over now," Shawn said handing the photo back to Niko.

"Oh no, you keep it. I have a copy of it at the house,"

Shawn nodded his head and stuffed the photo into the front pocket of his jeans.

"Would you like to meet Rosa?"

"Who is that?" Niko asked Shawn.

"She is Renee's daughter,"

"Yes! Whatever happened to that girl?"

Shawn just looked down at his feet. He didn't know what to tell him. He couldn't possibly tell him the truth. Even though this was supposedly his father, he didn't know him at all. He could snitch to the police or something.

"She went missing," Beyonce said, knowing that Shawn was at a loss for words, something that was uncommon for him.

"Oh wow, that is so sad. Well let me meet her baby girl,"

Shawn led Niko upstairs, leaving Beyonce and Taraji downstairs. Beyonce took a seat on the couch next to Taraji.

"How are you feeling?" Taraji asked her.

"Fine T,"

"How are you gonna tell him the big news?" she asked while placing her stomach on Beyonce's tummy.

"I don't know! I want to tell him in a special way but I'm not sure,"

"I think you should tell him tomorrow, he's had enough big news for one day,"

"I'm gonna go to the clinic to be sure first,"

"I'll go with you,"

Beyonce smiled at her friend, grateful to have her by her side.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Rosa, I have someone I want you to meet," Shawn said to Rosa.

She had been on her bed reading yet another book. She constantly had her nose in a book.

"Who is it Uncle Shawney?" she asked without even looking up from her book.

"Look up and you will see,"

She sighed and looked up from her book to see a man that she didn't know.

"Hey mister, who are you?" she asked.

"He's my dad," Shawn said.

"Oh is he my grandpa like papa Matt is?" she asked.

"Yes, just like that!"

"Hey papa, what's your name?" she asked.

Hearing her call him papa warmed Niko's heart. He never thought he'd hear someone call him that.

"Hey sweetheart, my name is Niko,"

"Well hey papa Niko, I would like to talk more but I'm reading my book,"

"What's the name of it?" he asked her.

"The Moonlight Tales," she said with a smile on her face.

"I used to read all the time when I was younger, I still do sometimes,"

"You should read with me sometimes!" Rosa said to him.
"I'd love to," Niko said.

"Well we're gonna be downstairs Rosa," Shawn said.

They walked downstairs and shared more stories with each other. Niko told Shawn all he knew about Gloria. Shawn told Niko about his life, purposely leaving out some of the gory details. That could be discussed later....or never.

"I have one last thing to give you before I hear back home," Niko said.

He dug in his pocket and handed him this pretty gold comb. It looked like an antique and it fascinated him.

"This was your mom's. Said it was a family heirloom,"

"Thank you man, it means a lot to me," Shawn said to him.

They talked for a few minutes longer then Niko left. Once he was gone Shawn took the comb and placed it in Rosa's room. She was asleep but he knew she'd be happy to see it once she woke up. She always loved beautiful things.

A smile crept upon Shawn's face. He finally felt a bit at peace. He knew more about his mom, he has his niece, found his dad, and he's marrying the woman of his dreams. To him, life couldn't be any more perfect than it was at this moment.