XIII

Solange got up from bed feeling so much better being away from home. She didn't have her medicine that her mom gave her everyday and surprisingly she felt on top of the world without it. Her skin even looked different. Instead of being so pale, it had a glow to it. After she bathed and put on her new outfit her auntie bought her, she looked as if she had been dipped in honey and coconut oil. 

"You look amazing Solo," Beyonce said to her little sister. 

"Thanks thu, can we go riding today?" 

"Of course, I think your horse is still out there," 

We walked outside to the stables where the horses were held. My horse neighed, and was very excited to see me. Solo's horse was eating some hay, and not paying any attention to the fact that they were there. I opened the stall and let Solo in. She began to rub her horse's neck gently. I smiled when I looked at her. The love I felt for Solo ran so deep, her being so sick here lately has been draining me. 

As I watched Solange play with her horse I heard noises, like people were whispering. I tiptoed to the back of the stalls where I saw my dad and my aunt. They were hugging and talking. They kept saying things, things that confused me. I continued to watch and listen from afar though, making sure they didn't see me. 

After a few minutes of just talking my dad grabbed my aunt's face and kissed her lips gently. Something I rarely saw him do to my mom, and when he did, it always seemed forced. I sat back and just admired them. I didn't know whether to tell someone or keep it to myself. I was always taught that things like this were wrong but, it looked so right. They looked like they were deep in love. I just decided to shake the images out of my head and pretend that I never saw anything. I walked back to Solange and watched her play with her horse. 

Beyonce woke up in Shawn's arms. She felt as if she'd never get used to this feeling. It always felt so new, so unreal. She moved his arm off of her and slowly sat up in the bed. Shawn was still knocked out. Waking him was so hard, it just caused her to smile. The sun was shining bright, causing the room to just light up. 

She walked in the bathroom and brushed her teeth. Afterwards she went back into her bedroom and straddled her fiance. She gently kissed him on the lips and started rubbing him through his silk boxers. He started to shift around a bit and his eyes fluttered open. He smiled when he saw her on top of him. He felt as if he could do this every morning until the day he died. 

"Good Morning handsome," 

"Good Morning beautiful," 

They smiled at each other, hoping it would always be like this, that they'd always be so madly in love. She continued kissing him while he rubbed his hands on her plump behind. They continued their makeout session until they heard a scream. Beyonce hopped up and ran to the room that Rosa was sleeping in. She was still asleep but she was screaming. Shawn came in running shortly after with some sweats on. 

"Is she okay?" he asked with a concerned look on his face. 

"Yeah, she's just having nightmares babe," 

"Well can we do something to stop it?!" he asked, almost screamed actually. 

He looked so scared and concerned and it only warmed her heart. 

"No baby, the most we can do is wake her up gently," 

He walked over to Rosa and gently, very gently shook Rosa. She just squirmed and squirmed and let out another scream. Shawn jumped back a bit, shocked by what had just happened.