XXII

Beyonce sipped on her coffee as she stared at the blank screen on her laptop. Her last patient had just left and she had a few hours to kill before the next one would come in. She stared at the screen for a while longer until she finally built up the courage to tap a key on the keyboard and google the name that had been bothering her for a few days now, Gloria Carter. Gloria had been the cause of so many issues in her life now and she didn't even know the woman.

At first glance there was nothing of interest. It wasn't until she scrolled down to the bottom of the page that something caught her eye. It was a news article from an old local Brooklyn newspaper. Quickly she clicked on the link and it directed her to a pdf of the newspaper. The headline read "Local Woman Gone Missing,"

A picture of her was right above the beginning of the actual article. She looked so much like Shawn that it was crazy. Her hair was in Shirley Temple curls and she had on plum colored lip gloss. She had on a dress that accentuated her tiny waist and slightly broad hips. Gloria was a truly beautiful woman. As Beyonce read the article she realized that no one knew for sure what happened to her. The one person they did try to interview refused to say much. His name was Niko Moore. He was supposedly a close friend of Gloria's but she had never heard Shawn mention him before.

Just when she was about to search his name she heard a knock on her office door. Quickly she pinned the pages so they'd show up later and closed her laptop. When she looked up she saw her best friend with a wide smile on her face. She pressed the button on her desk to unlock the door.

"Hey Beyyyy!" Taraji said loudly.

Beyonce got up from her chair and gave her best friend a tight hug

Beyonce got up from her chair and gave her best friend a tight hug. Taraji hadn't seen Beyonce in person since she had that fight with Shawn so she wanted to check up on her in person.

"Hey T!"

"How you been sis?" Taraji asked.

"Good, things have been so much better,"

"That's good to hear, you up to eat?"

"When am I not up to eat?"

They both laughed and Taraji grabbed a bag of food from her huge tote bag. It was from their top two favorite places to eat at, Panera and Popeyes. They used to go to either place every week when they were in college.

"I haven't had this in foreverrrrr,"Beyonce said as she took a bite out of the juicy chicken and then sipped some of the soup.