XVI

Beyoncé sucked her teeth as she tried to put her favorite jeans on. They're distressed, acid washed boyfriend jeans. They used to fit lose but now they were so snug. She dug in her suitcase, seeing if there were any other jeans but there weren't. The rest were dirty and in the wash. 

"I guess this'll do," she said to herself. 

She slipped on a nude colored sweater and some nude colored Christian Louboutins that Shawn had got her. Heels were never her thing but he loved them so she started wearing them. Afterwards she sat at her vanity. It reminded her of when she was a teenager, and her mom, well Tina used to force her to go these brunches with her snobby little friends. She'd sit at the mirror and examine herself, just like she was now, making sure she looked amazing. 

Beyoncé slipped off the golden colored bonnet that was on her head, showing off the huge rollers that were in her hair. Big, bouncy hair was something she loved. It made her look great. Before taking off the rollers she decided to do her makeup. She didn't need much, Shawn didn't like a lot of makeup anyway. Her makeup bag was already sitting on the vanity. She grabbed it and opened up, putting on BB cream, mascara, eyeshadow, and clear lipgloss.

"Baby," 

When she turned around she saw Shawn standing in the doorway with a smile on his face. 

"Yes," 

"You look sexy," he said, biting his lip. 

"Thanks baby, come help me," she said poking her lip out like a big baby. 

He walked closer to her. "Help you with what?" 

"Take my rollers out," 

He laughed and started taking her rollers out. He did this for her a lot, especially when she was in a rush. He swiftly removed the rollers, making sure to move his wrist a certain way, spiraling them almost, to make sure it got the curl that Beyoncé wanted. Once he was finished he then grabbed the rat tail comb that was sitting in her lap. He parted her hair to the left the way she always likes to have it. 

"Pass me your frizz spray," 

She looked into her bag and passed him her travel sized bottle of frizz spray. He sprayed it on, loving the honey scent that filled the air once he sprayed it. It helped make her hair shiny and stopped it from being so frizzy. 

"There you go baby," he said kissing her forehead when he was finished. 

"Thanks babe," 

Beyoncé then got up from the vanity seat and Shawn just stared at her. He couldn't help but realize how beautiful she was. He noticed so many things about her that no one else could. He noticed how she licked her lips whenever he stared at her, the way she laughed at his corny jokes, how she raised her right eyebrow whenever she was arguing, and how she blushed whenever he gave her the slightest compliment. Sometimes it felt like she was part of his identity.