(DRAFT) I'M SORRY

Start from the beginning

First years traditionally reach the Hogwarts castle by sailing across the lake with Hagrid, but I think it would definitely be a bad idea depending on the weather this evening.

"Oooh, I wouldn't fancy crossing the lake in this weather," said Hermione, as we walked with the rest of the crowd out of the platform. About a hundred carriages stood waiting for us outside the station, but something was odd about them this time. There were horses, well not technically looking horses but they were pulling the carriages.

"Can anyone see that?" I asked, pointing at one of them.

"See what?" asked Hermione, as they all looked at what I was pointing at. For me, I was pointing at the almost-like-horses that was pulling the carriages, but for them they were looking at nothing but a horseless carriage.

"Y/N, stop that! It isn't funny," said Neville, shivering through cold and fear.

"No, really, what is that?" I said looking at all of them, their expression was a mix of confuseion and concerns, they were looking at me like I was a crazy person. I then turned back at the creature and saw it patiently standing there, waiting for us to get to its carriage.

"Are you seeing something that we're not seeing?" asked Harry half a joke and half serious, also almost cracking a smile.

"Obviously! I think I've seen this creature before," I said, slowly walking to the creature and out from the umbrella that Hermione and I were sharing.

My hand were outstretched to touch its head but it huffed making me jump.

"Let's just go, Y/N! You're gonna get a cold!" assured Hermione, pulling me into the umbrella and led me to the carriage. I took one last look at the creature, remembering what it looked like to find what it was at the Hogwarts library.

~•~

The Great Hall dazzled (Razzle Dazzle ;) sorry I just finished watching Voltron), like always, as we entered. I simply waved goodbye to Harry, Ron, Hermione and Neville as I made my way to the Slytherin table, spotting Millicent and then sitting down next to her.

"How was summer?" I asked to her.

"Quite good actually but I didn't get to go to the World Cup since I was at my grandmas that is in France, overall it was still fun! Oh, and also my grandma's peanut butter cookies are the best! I forgot to get you one though, but when I get back there I will definitely a bok filled with her delicious peanut butter cookies!" blurted Millicent quite fast.

"It did looked like you had a lot of fun, and those peanut butter cookies sounds delicious! The World Cup was fun and all, until Death Eaters came," I said, quietly saying Death Eaters.

"I'm just really happy that you're fine, I don't what I would do if you died there! I would be all alone!" said Millicent, tearing up a little.

"Geez, no need to be tearing cup because of that! I'm fine now, no need to worry," I told her reassuringly, as I turned to the staff table seeing that there were more empty seats than usual.

Hagrid's seat was still empty, which I reckon he was still fighting his way across the lake along with the other first years, whiles Professor McGonagall was presumably supervising the drying of the entrance hall floor. There was a another empty seat where the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher would sit but it was still empty.

"Where's the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher?" I heard one of the Slytherins ask, who was also looking up at the staff table.