Sweet [A]

Two Weeks Later

I smile as I walk into 221 Baker Street and hear Sherlock and Teddy playing upstairs. So, trying to be as quiet as possible, I creep up the staircase and get my phone out to record the scene awaiting me in the flat. They're too cute to miss another opportunity. I peek through the door and giggle as I watch the both of them. I'm so glad we adopted Teddy. He's definitely brought out Sherlock's childish side, and they both seem to channel each other's extra energy.

I manage to tape a short video of my husband and our new puppy playing tug of war with the rope before Sherlock looks up and sees me. He smiles, "Welcome home, Lovey. Good day, I deduce?"

"Yep! We released a few rehab birds back into the wild and seeing them fly free was amazing," I reply and step in before kneeling down to greet Teddy, "And what about you and Teddy? It appears you had a good day."

"Oh, naturally! John and I worked a few homicide cases and then he brought Rosie over. She and Teddy are excellent playmates so I have few reservations about his future behaviour. We took him out to the park as well and he's doing very well."

"That's wonderful to hear." I remark, thinking back on when the Watson's came to meet Teddy last week. Teddy outright bolted for Rosie and slobbered all over her and they played all afternoon. John and Mary like him too.

The only people Teddy seems to dislike are Donovan and Missus Hudson's now ex-boyfriend.

Sherlock leans over and we share a couple kisses before I shrug off my coat and bag. He takes them and goes to hang them up, "Oh, Mary said to inform you that she and John want us to be their second child's godparents by the way."

"Really?"

"Mmm," He turns around to come back and flops down next to me, "And you should know that both of them are just on the edge of their seats waiting for you to get pregnant too. Everyone is, even though they haven't said a word."

"Sherlock, I know they're all excited for us to be starting our family but it's no fun if we divulge everything."

"Indeed. Which is why I've been careful not to give them any reason to ask."

I lean into him and grab Teddy's rope, tugging it gently to the side to pique his interest again. He latches back on and pulls it back, letting out a playful rumble as he wrestles, trying to win against me. While he's concentrated on our game I turn back to Sherlock, "Darling?"

"Yes, Angel?"

An inquisitive look flashes onto his face. I smile and peck his cheek, "Nothing. I just love you."

He slips an arm around my hips and pulls me in to plant a deep kiss on my lips, "I love you too, Adelaide."

"RRRRUFFF!"

Teddy barks, scampering over our legs to get into my lap before yipping again to get our attention. I chuckle, "Don't worry, we've not forgotten about you, Proton."

"How could we? That yip could shatter glass if he put his mind to it."

I roll my eyes and rub Teddy's floppy ears, "Is that better, bud?"

"Of course it is. He's smiling." We both laugh and resume playtime with our pink nosed pup until he's worn out and has curled up next to the fireplace. Sherlock rebuilds the fire and I get up to make a kettle of tea and start on dinner. After setting out Teddy's food and water I decide to make stir fry.

Sherlock wanders up behind me at some point and rests his chin on my shoulder, "Love?"

"Mm?"

"It will happen, right?"

"It will. Don't worry. A watched pot never boils, Sherlock. And plus we have Teddy."

"Hmmm... Valid," He kisses my neck and then backs up, "I'll lay the table then."

"Thank you, Darl."

"No need, Love."

Teddy stays at my ankles as I move around the kitchen, yipping a couple times because he saw a morsel in my hand. I sneak him only two plain veggies and then he attaches to Sherlock's heels, staying there through dinner.

After everything's been cleaned up then we get sleepy Teddy to his crate and retire to the living room, cuddling up in his chair together to watch a Halloween special before bed with two mugs of hot cocoa. Sherlock snakes his hands over my hips and leans me back into him, tucking his face into my hair.

He probably doesn't realise it, but when a jumpscare comes on the telly he immediately wraps his arms around my torso, keeping them securely there until the sequence is over. I just smile to myself and exhale calmly, drumming my fingers over his heart.

How sweet.

Thank you for reading!!! Love y'all!! 😘

Also, please check my message board for an announcement concerning my next project. Thanks!