Chapter Ten

This story is not an all14. It is only a Blackbourne team x Sang book. If you see the number 14 anywhere in the story it is a complete coincidence, I promise.

After Gabriel had me try on the rest of the outfits, he handed me the clothes I was actually going to be wearing for the day. It was a cute outfit that was, thankfully, in my comfort zone. The matching jogger/sweatshirt set was pastel pink. The waistband went up to my belly button hiding the skin shown by the cropped hoodie. I didn't put on any shoes, just fuzzy white socks.

We walked back downstairs to where the boys were. They were spaced out around the room. I was surprised Mr. Blackbourne and Dr. Sean was still here, the two men sitting on ivory armchairs beside the flickering fireplace.

My heart fluttered slightly when Kota looked up from the video game he was playing to make eye contact with me. He nodded his head to the left, showing me he had left room on the beanbag for me. I fought off a smile.

I sat down next to him, looking around the room. Kota was playing against Nathan and Silas. Victor, Luke, North, and Gabriel watched on. Mr. Blackbourne and Dr. Sean talked quietly.

"I want to play next," said Gabriel.

They were currently playing a car game. Kota was in first place with Nathan close behind. When they passed a red line, the game stopped.

"Here," Silas handed his controller to Gabriel.

Gabriel selected his car, a bright orange Mustang, then looked over to me. He mouthed something to me but I couldn't understand what. My brows furrowed. He sighed, exasperated, then nodded to Kota. "Cheat," he mouthed.

He wants me to mess with Kota while they're playing? I grinned, nodding.

"What did you tell her to do?"

"Nothing," Gabriel said innocently.

I looked to North, waiting for the yelling and malicious look. Instead, he simply looked away. What was that about?

"Let's do this fuckers."

They started the game, a countdown from 3 going off. Once it hit 0, all of the cars took off. Kota was once again in first place despite starting in the back row.

Gabriel nudged my foot, urging me to distract Kota. I looked to my right, his eyes narrowed and concentrated on the screen.

How am I supposed to distract Kota?

I crawled over to the couch. Silas leaned down when he saw me.

I whispered, "How do I distract Kota?"

He smirked, shaking his head, "Hug him."

That's it? I shrugged and sat back down. When they went around a sharp curve in the game, I lightly wrapped my arms around his torso. It was awkward, hugging him from the side.

He looked at me sharply, confused, then brought his attention back to the game. Silas made a nudging motion with his head that I mimicked, burrowing my head against the front of his shoulder.

He turned his attention on me fully, "Are you okay, Sweetie?" He placed the controller down, holding my face with his hands. They were warm and covered the entire sides of my head.

"Fuck yeah!" Gabriel turned to us, his screen flashing 'First Place.' He smirked, "Thanks, Trouble."

Luke burst out laughing, shortly followed by the rest of the boys as they caught on.