Chapter Twenty One

A/N- Hey guys(: I'm so so so sorry that it has taken over a month for me to upload D: I have no excuses, only apologies. If ever I take too long to update, please just tell me to, until I do so :') 

But yeah, the response I got to the last chapter was amazing. Wow. Just wow. To think that even just one person likes what I write is mindblowing, never mind more than one person! I can never thank any of you enough for reading this, commenting on this and voting on this. Your comments make my day, I love reading about what you guys think! Whether it be what you liked/disliked, what you thought went well/not so well, characters you like, characters you don't like, I want to hear it all(: So, please, if you have time, please do that, 'cause I'd love you for it(:

My dedication for this chapter goes to Ellsie228As she made my new cover! :D I love the cover, it's alot better than the one I did :') So, go check her work out, as it's pretty dang awesome(: Also, I just wanted to give a shoutout to PerfecteXxImperfectx and Corgione, for being utterly wonderful and listening to my problems<3

Anyhoo, here it is!:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Twenty One

~Two hours later~

The tears were still streaming down my cheeks. My head was throbbing with a painful intensity. I couldn’t think of something to say, to squash the silence that had appeared. I couldn’t think of anything to say. There was nothing to say.  Holly had fled the scene shortly after her outburst, leaving me and Cara behind, to deal with the situation and pick up the pieces of the hearts she’d knowingly shattered and stomped up. As everyone knows, when you pick up broken pieces, you’re bound to get cut and the pain from the cut is almost as unreal and agonising as having your heart broken.

“Here.” Cara murmured, handing me a roll of toilet paper, presumably taken from the toilets. The first word that had been uttered for several hours. Even though she had only whispered, it only served to make my headache worse. Silently, she sat down on the seat next to mine, the leg scraping the floor as she shuffled over to sit closer to me. Her eyes were still brimming with tears, her cheeks still red from the vast amount of tears she had already shed. Without a word, she grabbed my hand and squeezed gently. We were both in pain. 

 The past event had left us shaken and utterly heartbroken. Within a matter of minutes, I had lost the very best things I had in life. The one word that Charlie left me with whirled around my brain like a hurricane, never ceasing to stop spinning and give me peace from the raw pain that dripped from that one single word. “Liar.” I could feel the chill seep down my spine as mercilessly my brain replayed that one single moment in my head.  I felt like every single thing we had ever spoken about before this incident, suddenly didn’t matter, as Charlie had decided to wash over that and focus on falsely presented sentences that were strung together. The trust that we had managed to build had broken, so effortlessly, you’d have thought it was built from something so breakable, such as wood, instead of something sturdy, such as bricks. I felt a poke to my ribs and looked up to see Cara attempting to make me smile.

I would always have Cara.

This thought warmed me, as considering the circumstances; Cara had every right to yell and scream at me and then never talk to me again. She had the right to tell me she hated me and yet not one single negative word had been directed towards me; Only to Holly. Alex was to her, what Charlie was to me: The sun, moon and Universe combined. I knew how she felt about Alex and it had only just occurred to me that she was here, with her best friend, not chasing down the boy she was in utterly in love with.

Question: How many times had Cara been by my side, whenever I needed her?

Answer: Every single time. Never once, has she let me down.

The cafe on the corner, was not where she should be.

“Go after him.” I said. She opened her mouth to say something, so quickly I cut her off. “No, Cara, listen to me. Go after him, find him, hug him, and explain to him everything he needs to know, in order for you two to get back together. You’ll get over this, you two love each other, but you have to go after him. After everything you’ve done for me, you deserve to do something for yourself. Please, do this for yourself, and Alex.”

Cara was silent for a moment, before she stood up hastily. She hugged me tightly. I could feel the tears again. “Thankyou Chlo. I will do that, not just for me, but for Alex. I think he know where he may have gone.” She hugged me once more than ran to the door. “Chlo? Go after Charlie.”

The ringing of the bell above the doorway was the last sound made before I zoned out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Heads I find him. Tails I don’t.” I murmured to myself, as I sat on the pavement outside the cafe. I nodded to myself, moderately happy with the arrangement and twisted the coin with my thumb and fore finger that it spun round-  My fate hung precariously in the balance of either face of the coin- Do I find him, or do I not?

I squeezed my eyes shut, desperately pleading to whomever may be listening. However, both decisions filled me with dread. If I didn’t talk to him, the matter wouldn’t be resolved and things would become worse, however if I did talk to him, would I have to face more judgements and hostile glances? I couldn’t bear to begin to think about what would happen if we ever happened to find ourselves in each others’ company again. Having said that, I missed him, despite everything. I wanted him with me, to cuddle me, and tell me everything would be okay, as he had so many times the last few weeks, whenever I would wake up in the middle of the night, shaking and terrified from another nightmare.

I heard the coin stop spinning. The knots in my stomach wound themselves tighter, making me feel queasy and lightheaded. With my eyes shut, I fumbled around on the pavement searching for the smooth metallic feel of the coin. With bated breath, I opened my eyes. In the dim streetlight, I could faintly see an outline of Queen Elizabeth’s head.

“Aww crap.” I muttered to myself. With the decision grudgingly made, I got up from the pavement, dusted my jeans off and turned around and walked in the direction of Charlie’s house.

With a flashing ping of hope spreading through me, I fished out my phone from my back pocket.

No missed calls. No unread messages. Nothing.

I stared dejectedly at the glowing screen.My fleeting hope had vanished.

I could only hope that Cara was doing alright, with Alex.