Chapter Thirteen

Alrighty guys! (: Could ya'll maybe give me a few wee comments? Or votes? Those kinda thisngs keep me writing (: Let me know what you think of what i've written :') Thankyou so much for all the past comments on all my other chapters :') It really means alot :') So, without further audieu... (spelling?! D:)

(Cara’s P.O.V)

Everyone turned to stare at the doctor, who had just walked out of Charlie’s room. It was hard to gauge what exactly he was thinking, as his face showed no emotion. A complete professional. Chloe straightened up and looked over at Adam. “Adam? Could you take Macy to go get some food?” Chloe picked her up and hugged her tight. She placed her chubby hand on her cheek. “Don’t worry mommy, Charlie’s gonna be alright, ‘cause Cara said so! And Cara’s always right!” Macy exclaimed. “Is that so?” Alex chuckled silently, a funny look on his face. Adam moved past us and took Macy’s hand. “Thankyou.” She murmured. Chloe looked as if she was going to break. I squeezed Alex’s hand, who looked like he was going to faint, he looked so scared. My hands hid themselves up their sleeves as I held onto Chloe. She didn’t look up at the doctor, who eyed us with disdain. He cleared his throat and Alex sat down on the seat next to me. I felt my teeth graze my bottom lip, the beginning of a sore coming through.

“Mr.McDonnell has a few broken bones, and quite a few bruises, but he’ll be fine-“ Chloe started sobbing quietly and Alex sighed a sigh of relief. The doctor carried on;” He shall have to remain in his room overnight, but he can be discharged in the morning. Visitors one at a time please.” He added, as he nodded at us and briskly walked off down the hall. We decided on Alex going first, as he, first and foremost, had known Charlie the longest. Chloe was going to go in after Alex, and then me and Macy. We let Alex go in, and me and Chloe idly chatted. “I should go check on Macy”. She said, after a minutes, standing up. I pushed her back down again. “Nu uh, as soon as Alex gets his very cute ass out of there, you’ll want to go straight in and see Charlie, so I’ll go.” Chloe smiled gratefully. “Thankyou for being awesome, Cara.” I shrugged. “Awesome is my middle name, didn’tcha know?” I felt arms wrap around my waist, and yelped in surprise. “I thought adorable was your middle name” Alex said in my ear. I grinned, and swatted his arm. “Don’t you ever do that again Mr.Day. “

I pulled him along and shouted goodbye to Chloe, earning myself a stern look from a nurse. I couldn’t help a giggle that burst through my lips. It didn’t help, that Alex was trying to tickled me on the way down to the cafe. I ended up bursting into full on-laughter. I sat down next to Adam with a grin. “He’s okay!” I hugged Macy as she stuffed chips into her mouth. “Macy, Charlie’s okay!”

In all the excitement, of Macy spluttering the contents of her mouth across the table, I didn’t notice that Adam had left with Alex. About fifteen minutes later, Chloe spotted us, from the entrance to the cafe, and smiled. She made her way over, and laughed when she saw the mess. “Go see Charlie.” She commanded. I saluted her. “Yes, ma’am!” On the way to Charlie’s room, I paused, as I walked just by entrance doors. As, just by a stone pillar, was a figure that looked like Alex, and figure that looked like Adam.

They were kissing.

I couldn’t contain the loud gasp, that bubbled up from within. Tears clouded my vision, as I spun on my heel and ran in the direction to Charlie’s room, oblivious to Alex’s shouts and cries.

The fans joked about Alex and Charlie being gay, but that was just their thing, their kind of relationship. They were close enough for people to speculate or joke about it.

It never occurred to me, that Alex actually was.