Chapter Six

"Mommy, where's Liam?" Macy asked as she tugged on my sleeve. I checked the time on my phone. 6:20 pm... I sighed and looked at Cara. She was so bored that she was playing a version of Snake on her iPod. "Cara? Shall we go? We've been here for twenty minutes...And I'm hungry." Cara looked over and shrugged. "I don't mind.Why don't we just wait for another ten minutes? Maybe they're just running late?" I turned back to her. "Don't you have Alex's number?" Her eyes widened and she delved excitedly to get her phone. She looked sheepish. "Six missed calls from Alex....Oops."

I looked up at her, deciding on whether to hit her or laugh. I chose to laugh. Cara joined in and Macy, looking confused as she did so, joined in too. Her phone rang again, so we all stopped laughing and went quiet as she picked up the phone."Hello?" She murmured. She walked a few steps away. "I'm sorry, my phone was on silent. Huh? Oh, yeah, we're still here, waiting. Where're you? Really? O-kay, then. Yeah sure. Alright,then. Bye!" She put the phone down then spinned round. "Alex says we'll have to wait another ten minutes for him and Charlie to come and get us, as Tom had a little accident with some hair dye and he doesn't want to come outside." She sat down back onto the bench.

After five minutes,  we saw two figures running towards us, arms waving wildly, and calling our names. Macy pouted as she couldn't see Liam. She crossed her arms and scowled. Alex bounded over to Cara and picked her up and swung her round. Cara shrieked her head off and yelled at Alex to let her down.  I stood up and hugged Charlie. He smelt lovely, and hugged back tightly, knotting his fingers together. "Hey again!" He whispered. "Sorry we're late. Tom had a little... um accident with some hair dye. So, uh, tea at our place in stead? There's enough room, don't worry! He took my hand and he turned to Macy. "Oh, Macy, Liam's setting up something for you back at our place. He thinks you'll like it!" Macy giggled and clapped her hands. "C'mon Mace." I picked her up, and placed her on my hip. Charlie saw me strain with the effort of holding her (For a six year old, she was very heavy!) He held his arms out. "Hey Mace, fancy a piggy back?" Mace giggled and strained for Charlie to reach her. 

He swung her onto his back and ran down the street, with Macy laughing his head off. I placed my phone in my back pocket and felt something rustle. Intruiged, I took out a piece of paper and opened it up. The hand-writing was unfamiliar, yet kind of scruffy and boyish. I read it slowly, taking in in the words:

Well, hi there. I don't usually do this, because I'm shy towards girls, but I was wondering if you wanted to be friends? No pressure, if you think that I'm being totally weird. Um, well if you want to, here's my number: 07787462568. Give me a ring or something if you want? ~Charlie xx

I smiled, and then wondered where the piece of paper had come from. My mind went back to mine and Charlie's first hug, that day on the train. I'd felt something being put in my pocket, but with all the drama, I'd completely forgotten about it. I slipped it back in my pocket and ran up to catch up with the others. They were quite far ahead and they'd stopped to allow me to catch up. I walked in step with Charlie, keeping up an interesting conversation about Doctor Who, with Macy butting in occasionally. We got to a house, with a black front gate, and boring brickwork. "Welcome!" Alex and Charlie said simultaneously, with Alex swinging his arms out as he did so. Me and Cara stood outside the door, waiting for Alex to open the door, as Charlie was a little pre-occupied with a certain six year old...

Chapter 7 shall be up.....sometime soon-ish? (: