Chapter Nine

I woke up a fair few hours later. Instead of my head lying on Charlie's chest, my head was lying on a cushion, with a little person cuddled beside me. Macy was fast asleep, cuddling a Nemo toy while sucking her thumb. (I noticed her Finding Nemo blanket had been wrapped around us.) I felt around in my pocket, trying to find my phone. It was then I realized, that I had thrown it onto a beanbag in the night. And then I remembered why. I felt the sudden urge to heave, but all I could do was cough heavily. I felt my lungs pushing the air out, forcing the unpleasant feeling higher up my throat. When I had finally finished coughing, I sat up straight, being careful not to knock Macy while doing so. I had to wipe away the tears that were now streaming from my eyes.

Right now, I needed my best friend. I looked at the clock on the mantle piece and it said 9:05 am. It was way too early to even think about knocking on Alex's door. (Cara gets cranky if you wake her up too early. Something Macy discovered quite quickly...) I pushed my knees against my chest, and rested my head on top of my hands. It only then occured to me, that Charlie was gone. Where could he have gone at nine in the morning? I wondered. I scrambled off of the sofa, and headed towards the beanbag. 

My phone wasn't there.

I picked up the beanbag, and checked underneath. It wasn't there. I picked up the second beanbag, and checked underneath. It wasn't there either. Confused, I got onto my hands and knees and crawled on the floor, desperately searching, my hands racing across the carpet, searching for the smooth feel of the phone. Instead, all I found was a thin, smooth, yet slightly crumpled piece of paper.

Even in the dim morning light, I could see that it had my name on it. Perplexed written all over my face, I opened it out. The handwriting was small, kind of scruffy and very boy-ish. It was slanty and there were a few blobs of ink in places.

Chloe, it said. I don't want to alarm you, when you wake up and find that I'm not there. I can assure you that I am perfectly safe. You worried me last night. You got a text, that looked as if it scared you half to death, and after you fell asleep, I read it. I'm not going to let him hurt you, Chloe. I swear. I'm going to find him, and sort this out. P.S Please tell Alex not to eat the pancakes for breakfast. They're mine.                                   Forever Yours,                                                                                                                                           Charlie.

My breath hitched in my throat. Charlie had gone to find Harry.

Ah, hell.

Charlie's P.O.V

(Around 3:00am)                                                                                                                            I couldn't sleep. Not that I wasn't tired, but there was something in my head, that was forcing me to stay away and  mull over the fact that I was missing something. I couldn't think of what.  My arms were wrapped protectively around Chloe. Her arms rested by her sides, a strange frown on her face. I liked the feel of her weight on my stomach. She didn't weigh too much, so it wasn't uncomfortable. Suddenly, without warning, her arm felt around in her pocket. Her head shot up, so I immediately closed my eyes, controlling my breathing to a slow, and steady rate. 

I could tell that something wasn't right, by the sound of her breathing. It was short, and quick, and she was shaking. I peeked open one eye, just in time to see her throw her phone across the room, for it to land on a beanbag. Hmmmmm. I thought. I was desperate to ask what was wrong, but I didn't want her to know that I was awake. Eventually, she lay back down, and fell asleep again. I slid out from underneath her, painfully slowly, as I didn't want to wake her. I grabbed her phone, and typed in the numbers that was in her password. I couldn't contain the shock, when I saw the message pop up onto her homescreen.  My jaw dropped. I didn't know exactly what me and Chloe were but I liked her enough (Enough to want her to be my girlfriend) to feel protective of her. And not in a brotherly way. I put on a hoodie, and stopped just shy of the sofa. Chloe looked a little more peaceful now. I gently kissed her forhead and headed over to the beanbag and picked up her phone. If this guy decided to get in contact again, I wanted to be the one to answer the phone.

I shut the front door softly behind me.

There we go guys! Chapter nine all done (: Feedback is much appreciated :') <3