Chapter Two

Chapter Two :)

“Okay!” Cara yelled as she stood up. Her eyes were gleaming with excitement, a huge grin on her face. “Do we all have everything we need? Because I do!” She grabbed her blue bag from the faded blue carpet and rattled it. All sorts of noises came from the bag, as it rattled. She nodded, apparently pleased. “Yupp, everything’s there! How about you?” I picked up my bag, and turned it upside down, so I could check what was there. “Okay, mobile phone? Check. Posters? Check. CD’s? Check. Camera? Check. Purse? Check?” I went through everything in my bag, until everything was accounted for. I laughed as I put everything away. Seeing the boys again would be wonderful. Cara still had no idea that we’d met on the train, and I was eager to see her reaction. My mind went back to Charlie’s hug. Warm, soft and so very lovely....

“Chloe”? Cara was stood in front of me, snapping her fingers. I must have zoned out. I blinked and shook my head, still in a daze. “Yeah?” I asked. I looked up, just in time to see her skip out of the door, and for Macy to run in, happily clutching her backpack. “Let’s go!” Cara called from the front door. Macy giggled. She too, had said nothing to Cara, and was giddy with the fact that she knew something Cara didn’t. Macy took my hand, and placed her backpack in my other. “C’mon, Mommy! We don’t wanna be late, and Auntie Cara’s ready to go without us!” I slung her backpack on, and then we raced each other out of the front door. Cara swished her purple fringe out of the way, as she locked the front door. Her door, and the colour of the bricks, were blue. TARDIS colour blue.

Macy skipped happily in front of us, singing aloud to some song she was listening to on her iPad (Which was safely tucked inside her backpack). I kept my eyes straight ahead, while me and Cara talked. “Are you excited?” Cara asked. I thought about this. “Yes and no.” I answered. “I mean, they’re just normal guys, so it shouldn’t be awkward. But then again, in the world of Nerds, they’re famous...” Cara nodded, understanding what I meant. “I know what you mean, but I think Macy’ll just win them over, I mean c’mon, she’s adorable! You can’t resist her face”. I laughed. Her “face” is what got me to come to London in the first place, aside from Cara’s insistent demanding.                                                                       When we got on to the train, Macy watched Doctor Who on her iPad, while me and Cara talked. I was finding it very hard, to not tell her that I had already met the boys. Best friends don’t keep secrets, and kept visualizing Cara’s angry face- So upset and angry that I hadn’t told her. Cara babbled away about university and subjects and professors. I strained to listen, but my mind was else-where. The thoughts buzzed around my head like angry bees, searching for honey that was non-existent. I kept my mouth shut, while I nodded and “Uh-huh”-ed and “Ummm”-ed at exactly the right times.  

“I’ve already met them!” I exclaimed, my eyes meeting hers. Her expression turned to one of confusion. “Huh?” She murmured. “Charlie, Alex, Ed and Liam. I’ve already met them. I met them yesterday. I’m sorry, I should have said!” To my surprise, Cara burst out laughing! While Macy’s face was shocked, then she began laughing too, as Cara’s laugh is very infectious! “Oh, you silly thing. You’ve been worried about my reaction haven’t you? I nodded. She hugged me tight, as she laughed.

I smiled. That was a weight off of my shoulders...

“Our turn next Macy! What do you say to the lady?” The lady in front of us, had given us wristbands to grant us access to the meet and greet inside the Shop. Do you want a picture and have that signed or have a CD signed?” I turned to Cara. “Picture!” She yelled. I turned back to the lady. “Yeah, what she said!” She ushered us into the shop, past all the shelves that held the Doctor Who merchandise and through to the back, where there was a huge room.  And, chatting amongst themselves, was Chameleon circuit. The lady cleared her throat, then turned on her heel and left. They spied me and Macy and they all simultaneously smiled. Alex strided forward. Cara beamed.

Well someone was happy! ;)

Alex smiled at me and Macy. “Well, hell there guys! Nice to see you again.” Then he noticed Cara. “Hi. I do believe that we haven’t met. I’m Alex. And you are...?” His charm gone from ten to one hundred in the space of mere seconds! Alex and Cara got chatting, so me and Macy went over to Liam, Ed and Charlie.

Just as we were all chatting, a tall guy that was about 20, strode into the room, holding a very professional and expensive looking camera. He had a black, Emo fringe and dark kohl around his eyes. He placed his camera on the stand and finally noticed that we were in the room. “Hey guys”. He nodded at the boys. “Hi there! Right, shall we get going then? Sorry to rush you guys, but we have alot of pictures to do.”

We all shuffled into a line, although I had to pick Macy up, as she was too small to fit in the frame standing up. Charlie stood next to me, and put his left arm around my waist, while Liam placed his arm around my shoulders. Ed stood at the end, grinning away, while Cara stood in between Liam and Alex, with both her arms around their waist’s.  We stood in the same position for about 10 seconds, the grins and smiles frozen on our faces. Finally the camera man said we could move and we all loosened our selves from each other, although Charlie kept his arm around my waist, apparently not realizing... I looked up into Charlie’s eyes and cleared my throat.  Ed looked over, and pointed to the others, so they all turned around too. Cara was smiling, while the camera man looked envious.

Charlie looked down at me, I motioned to his arm and he slid his arm off from around my waist, a blush quickly creeped onto his cheeks as he did so. “Sorry.” He whispered in my ear. “I got distracted-” Charlie was just about to finish his sentence, when the lady from before came into the room, and gave us a glare. Then her expression, brightened again. She ushered us out of the room, while I craned my neck to stare at Charlie as I walked out. “Goodbye.” His words were silent on his lips, like he couldn’t bring himself to say them.

I waved. I felt a feeling of disappointment as I took each step away from that room, away from Charlie.  Cara saw my expression and gave me a tight hug. “Don’t worry, we’ll see them again in a few hours. They have to sign our pictures!” She showed me the slip of paper that showed the time that we had to come back, to get our pictures and things signed.  I felt that feeling of disappointment slip into a feeling of excitement and happiness. I turned to Macy. “So, what do you want to do for the next few hours?”  She rubbed her tummy. “FOOD!” Me and Cara laughed.

So, we followed the road into the centre of the city and looked for the nearest McDonald’s...

Sorry, it's so short! But i'm onto the next one ;)