Chapter 7

It's been about an hour since Jäger left. I was getting worried and hungry. I was drawing one of my favourite animals on the kitchen table while the others were watching TV and forgetting about their teammate.

"Are you guys sure he'll be fine?" I asked.

"For the hundredth time! He's fine!" yelled Bandit.

'This doesn't feel right'

'Agreed' said Guardian.

'Do we do something about it?'

'As much as I want you to stay safe, I don't believe he'll make it back alive'

'Wait, he's dying?!'

'Not right now, but he will be if someone doesn't get to him'

'I didn't think it was that serious! I need to tell the others!' I said.

'Don't. They don't trust me yet'

'Alright, then what am I supposed to do?'

'I'll make you silent and invisible'

'You can do that?' I asked, stunned.

'Yes, I'll explain later'

I felt a light sting all over my body and dropped the pencil I was holding. To my surprise, it didn't make a sound.

'Is it working?' I asked.

'Yes, now go. You wasted enough time already'

'Jeez. Don't have to be bitchy about it' I said as I got up from a sitting position.

I walked towards the entrance Jäger had used an hour ago.

'Um, I don't know where I'm going' I stopped in front of the door.

A slight headache hit me before I felt a weird energy guiding me, so I opened the door and followed it to an elevator. I pressed the button and down it went. Where ever I was, this place still spoke english, so I knew I was still in America. I followed the little invisible energy ball to a market no far from where the German team was staying. The stinging stopped, and I was surprised to hear my footsteps on the gravel. The headache stopped as well but now I didn't know where to go.

'Guardian?'

'He's in there somewhere. I suggest you head to the other side of the building'

'Mkay'

I took the small backstreets next to the market and ended up in an ally. It was already getting late and the sun was barely visible. I didn't help the situation whatsoever.

'Are you sure...'

A loud sound interrupted me and light came out of the now open door that lead into the market. A bloodied and bruised Jäger was tossed out and five big men followed. The door slammed shut. From here I could tell the five guys were planning out what their going to do to the poor German.

'Keep to the shadows. Plan your attack. Take your time'

'Can you activate that invisibility thing again?' I asked.

My skin stung for a second time and I rushed closer. I could tell Jäger had hit them a couple of times, but it wasn't enough. Rage filled me and I wanted to tear their heads off.

'Do I have enhanced strength?'

'Yes, you want it?'

'Yes please' I said.

My muscles felt like they were expanding. A surge of adrenaline pushed me forward and I hit the closest thug in the head. It took me a moment to realize that I just put a huge fucking whole inside this dudes head.