Chapter 2

When I woke up, I couldn't tell where we were. The road was bumpy and unpaved. Grumpy was driving in the back roads and alleyways on what looks like an industrial section of a town. He was also talking to headset dude that was next to me. The older one was also taking part in the conversation until he felt me wake up.

"Oh you're awake. Good, where almost at the base" he said as I shifted back to a sitting position.

"Base?"

"Yes, we have a base. You thought we slept in cars?" said grumpy in a grumpy fashion.

Grumpy parked the car in front of a warehouse. It locked abandoned and rusty. It was as tall as the rest that where surrounding us, it wasn't as large tho. I couldn't believe they had a base that looked like this. Sure it blends in with its surroundings, but it's not the best place for an active base. But hell, I didn't know anything about military bases, so how can I judge.

The silent one got out of the car and walked up to a door on the right side of the rusty building. Headset dude followed him soon after.

"Follow him inside. We don't know if we've been followed or not" said the older one.

Headset dude was waiting for me at the door, checking the surroundings for any threats that might have followed us. I hopped out of the car and jogged up to him. He watched me from the door with intent in his eyes. Whether it's the intent of caring and protecting me or something else is still not clear to me. I walked inside the building and I had to adjust to the lighting. I was dark but not to dark. The walls were made of concrete and there was a line of windows that separated the roof from the walls. The inside looked a lot smaller than the outside. There was a small kitchen in one corner and with what might be a living room, next to it. The living room was composed of three large sofas and one TV that made a large square with a table in the middle. There also was a hallway lined with two doors on the opposite side of the living room. The floor was made of concrete as well. It made the whole room cold. The one thing that strike me the most tho, is the fact that there was no sign of electricity or army equipment. I was walking over to the living room when the door closed. It made a very loud noise which startle me a bit. I turned around, the older one was walking towards me and the other two were heading for a door that was close to the kitchen.

"Where's grumpy?" I asked. Even if the other two were in a different room, all three of them laughed.

"There's a garage at can only be accessed from the back, that's where he's heading" said the older one.

He took of his helmet and place it on the table before slumping into one of the sofas.

"You'll be staying here for a bit... with us of course" his Russian accent was the only thing I was focusing on.

'How they get here? Why are they truly here? Is this even legal? Is the American government OK with this? Why Russians? Why not Americans? Why me?'

'Your questions will be answered in time' said Guardian.

'Of course they will' I said sarcastically.

"Hey! You listen to anything were saying?" Grumpy's yell cut me out of my 'conversation' with Guardian.

"No I wasn't. What were you saying?"

"The first door leads to bedroom" said the older one while pointing to the hallway. "That's where you'll be sleeping"

"OK, anything else?" I said.

"My names Tachanka...

'His real name is Alexandr' said Guardian.

'Huh?'

"...that's Glaz..." he said pointing to headset dude.

'Real name Timur'