이십 삼

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

MINNIE GRUMBLED AT the person who continuously tapped her shoulder as she slept

MINNIE GRUMBLED AT the person who continuously tapped her shoulder as she slept. The young women slapped the hand away, her eyes still tightly shut. Slowly falling back to sleep without the distraction, the brunette lost it when someone shoved her off the chair she had fallen asleep on. She jumped up from the ground and with blurry eyes, looked around the room she had been coped up in for the past three days.

"Hey! What was that for?" Minnie exclaimed, glaring at a calm and collected Ji Dwi.

"You were drooling on my silk hanbok." Ji Dwi explained. He looked very unimpressed as he glanced down towards his shoulder.

"Sorry." Minnie mumbled, sitting back down on her chair between Ji Dwi and Ban-ryu. "How is he?" She gestured towards a still unconscious Moo-myung, who slept with Su-ho and Yeo-ul either side of him.

Three days ago Ah-ro came running for help, after calming the frightened girl down, she explained to Minnie that Moo-myung, or 'Seon-u', had passed out. Minnie shrugged and assured the girl that her friend experienced that nearly monthly. Ah-ro shook her head and told them that he had fallen off his horse and banged his head - that's when the young women knew her friend was in trouble.

When they arrived at Ah-ro's room, they found an unconscious Moo-myung on the girl's bed. He was pale and shivered from the cold, thats when Minnie suggested for herself and someone to sleep either side of him to warm his body. Ji Dwi managed to send Ah-ro off to sleep, while the rest of them argued who should help their injured friend. After nearly twenty minutes of bickering, Su-ho and Yeo-ul finally agreed that they could do it and three days later they still were.

"Hasn't moved." Ban-ryu's voice broke Minnie's train of thought. "He should wake up soon though." The True Bone assured his girlfriend, noticing the worried expression on her pale face.

Even though the men just sent Ah-ro off to rest, they were only realising now they should have forced Minnie to go eat and sleep as well. The poor women had spent every minute of the last three days at her best friends side. The four men didn't realise until now just how close the two were, but they didn't know the whole truth. Minnie was so scared of losing another one of her best friends, no her brother. If staying by his side and assuring he was okay saved him, she would spend the rest of her life doing it.

The three Hwarangs froze when they noticed Moo-myung shuffling around and complaining of the heat. He must have felt the two bodies that cuddled in to his side, because he suddenly sat up, whining in disgust. "How did this happen? What are you doing?" He cringed, pulling away from the men who just woke up.

"Are you up?" Ji Dwi spoke up, making his, Minnie's and Ban-ryu's presences known.

"I saved you." Su-ho bragged, still laying down on the bed. He had a smug smile on his face as he ignored the scoff from his sister and the look of disgust from Moo-myung.