십오

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

MINNIE HAD BEEN wandering the garden's of the Hwarang House late at night, when she noticed Moo-myung standing by himself

MINNIE HAD BEEN wandering the garden's of the Hwarang House late at night, when she noticed Moo-myung standing by himself. It had been a few days since the assignment was given to the Hwarang men and Minnie had been worried about her best friend. Unlike herself, who had remembered to read and write from when she lived in the capital, Moo-myung never learned, or more like he never had anyone there to teach him. Minnie had attempted, a few years ago, to help the stubborn man, but she gave up before the brush could be used as a weapon against Moo-myung - as she said before the man was stubborn and very unhelpful.

That's why Minnie was shocked to hear from Ah-ro that she had been helping her 'brother' and that he was making great process. The young women would never admit to it, but she did grumble in jealousy that the girl was successful in something Minnie had spent years trying to do. She then remembered that her charm and features had never worked on her best friend like it did for Ah-ro, but the young women was too oblivious to realise why she was successful.

"Everything okay?" Minnie whispered, sneaking up to stand beside Moo-myung. The man jumped at her sudden presence, as he had been too lost in thought to notice the new arrival. "Moo..."

Moo-myung sighed as he heard the familiar name come from Minnie, it was comforting to hear something that reminded him who he really was. "What would you do if you loved someone you knew you shouldn't?" The man's intense question surprised the young women and she paused to think of the correct response. "Stay away from them, right?"

"We can't control who we love." Minnie begins, while reaching down to unfold Moo-myung's fist and intertwined their hands. "If we know that the person could never love us back it's completely different. But a forbidden love? That's a hard one because you have to know yourself if the feelings you have for this person are strong enough to risk everything for. Do you hide your feelings and protect everyone, or do you tell the truth and finally be happy?"

"I don't know." Moo-myung sighed, fixing his headband with his free hand. Minnie that answer a question with another question was frustrating, but how could she give him an answer to a question she asks herself every second of the day. Does she forgive Ban-ryu and try to fix things, or does she allow the person she loves to slowly leave?

"I can't tell you what to do Moo." Minnie mumbled, looking down at the gorgeous wildflowers that decorated the garden. "Listen to your heart for once and not your head." With that, Minnie pulled on their joined hands and began guiding them back to their room. It was late and everyone would be asleep by now and if anyone sees them, not only them but their roommates will be punished.

"What are you two doing out at this late hour?" Chief Wi-hwa's voice surprised the two friends, who turned in the direction of his voice. The older man was sat peacefully in front of the pond that was situated in the middle of the Hwarang House, it looked as if he was fishing.