CHAPTER TEN

MINNIE WHIMPERED as they rushed away from Scar and his men, she was currently hanging off of Ji Dwi's arm as he struggled to hold her up

MINNIE WHIMPERED as they rushed away from Scar and his men, she was currently hanging off of Ji Dwi's arm as he struggled to hold her up. After her reunion with her childhood best friend, they both became aware of their surrounds. Moo-myung was taking care of Ah-ro and they both knew it was best for him not to know anything just yet. Ji Dwi led the way, while Minnie dragged her aching body beside him and Moo-myung followed close behind the two with a yelling Ah-ro thrown over his shoulder.

"This way." Ji Dwi called, wrapping his arm around Minnie's waist in attempt to help her. The extra grip only added to her pain, but the young women kept quiet and ran as fast as she could - while gripping her open wounds. "Minnie, stay with me." The man pleaded, struggling with her slumped body.

"There." Ji Dwi and Minnie paused at the sound of Scar's voice and all his men surrounding them. Either Moo-myung didn't seem to notice or he didn't care, because he kept running with a still tied up Ah-ro in his arms.

"Take them both, I will stop them." Ji Dwi ordered Moo-myung, while carefully moving Minnie's slumped body towards the frantic man. When Moo-myung began to protest, the unknown King turned to the man and sent him a deadly warning glare. "I said...I will stop them. Go!"

"No Ji Dwi, I can help." Minnie argued, while attempting to straighten her body over the unbearable pain. "I'm not leaving you here alone."

"Minnie, go." Ji Dwi begged, desperate for the young women to be safe. "Seon-u if you want to save your friend. Go. Now." Moo-myung thankfully listened this time and walked away with the two women practically attached to him.

Minnie let out a cry of pain when her body slumped to the floor in exhaustion. Moo-myung quickly sat Ah-ro on the bench and rushed to Minnie's aid. When the man tried to pull the helpless women, she refused the help and shot him a venomous look. "Help him."

Minnie lay on the floor exhausted and breathing heavy as she tried to ignore Ah-ro's whimpers and the sound of Ji Dwi and Moo-myung getting beaten up. Finally after what felt like hours, the two men rounded the corner and ran towards the women. Carefully pulling Minnie up, as Moo-myung untied Ah-ro, Ji Dwi mumbled soft apologises as the brunette held herself together. Once Ah-ro was free, Moo-myung rushed to help Ji Dwi and the two wrapped an arm each around Minnie's waist, while the young women threw an arm across both their shoulders.

"Do I look presentable enough for a ceremony?" Minnie joked, coughing out a painful chuckle. The two men just shook their heads at the women's antics and began walking away, being sure to keep a tight grip on one of the most important women in their lives. "If Moon could see me now..." She whispered to herself, but Moo-myung had heard her loud and clear.

► ◄ ► ◄ ► ◄ ► ◄

Ji Dwi and Moo-myung pushed open the large doors to the would now be known as the Hwarang house. The doors opened with a loud slam and Minnie threw her head back at the many eyes that were now watching the three carefully. Gasps sounded through the crowds as they caught side of the bloody mess that was Minnie, from her blood stained hanbok, to her weak legs that were barely holding her up.