CHAPTER SIX

WALKING IN TO the kitchen area the following morning, Minnie cringed at the intense awkward silence that filled the air

WALKING IN TO the kitchen area the following morning, Minnie cringed at the intense awkward silence that filled the air. Master Ahnji, Ahro and an oblivious Moo Myung sat quietly around the small table, with breakfast served. It was clear they had only begun eating and that taught alone made Minnie lose her appetite instantly. She definitely couldn't handle eating her rice as Ahro's dark piercing eyes watched Moo Myung's every move. Nope, Minnie would rather starve then spend another minute in this uncomfortable silence.

"Minnie." Master Ahnji greeted the sleepy brunette. Her presence was unknown up until his morning greeting, and Minnie was hoping to stay hidden so she could sneak past the 'happy family'.

"Good morning Master Ahnji." Minnie smiled in return, eyes casted over her best friend who continued to stuff his face with breakfast.

"Let me grab you a bowl." Ahro began to rise from her crossed-leg position, but Minnie quickly stopped her before she could move.

"It's okay Ahro, I won't be having breakfast." Minnie's explanation caused her to receive three strange looks from the people sitting by the table. "I'm going to go for a walk."

"You should eat Minnie." Moo Myung argued, eyes sending her a look of warning - he knew exactly what she was like. After all these years of living together Moo Myung had picked up on the small things Minnie would do. One for instance was not eating for days on end and that only happened when her mind was somewhere else. "Minnie. Eat."

Ahro's and Master Ahnji's eyes widened at the man's threatening tone - but Minnie merely shrugged and scooped up a spoon of rice off his plate before shoving it into her mouth. She strolled to the front door and began to exit the house, but not before poking her tongue out towards Moo Myung, causing him to roll his eyes and grin at his best friend's childish actions.

"See you all later." Minnie called over her shoulder, about to shut the door before Ahro's voice made her pause.

"Will you be there for the parade?" Ahro asks, although her question is also directed towards Moo Myung who was busy again with stuffing his face. "It is the king's birthday parade."

"Maybe..." Minnie shrugs, unsure of how her day will go. "You might see me there." With that, Minnie shut the door and began wondering through the streets of the capital, as usual not knowing where exactly she was going. "What's todays adventure?"

► ◄ ► ◄ ► ◄ ► ◄

The sun was shining high in the sky and the streets were more crowded then usual as everyone prepared for todays parade. Minnie was going to try avoid the streets today and take a walk in the forests or near the river but she quickly remembered she had no idea where to go. Hoping not to run into any trouble had obviously been too much to ask for. Thankfully so far today Minnie has avoided any True Borns or killers, as for her own stupidity though? No, of course she couldn't escape that.