CHAPTER THREE

THE OKTA STOOD completely still as it waited for the next move

THE OKTA STOOD completely still as it waited for the next move. Minnie watched from her crouched position beside Makmoon as his attacker, who's name she learnt was Kungsung, went to attack Moomyung. As if he saw the move coming, Moomyung blocked the attack skilfully. Kungsung flew back from the force of Moomyung's hit and the crowds annoying gasps filled the air. Minnie rolled her eyes at their sound effects and antics. 

"Not bad." Suho spoke up, pleasantly surprised by straw hat man's skills.

Minnie payed no attention to the flirtatious True Born, instead she locked eyes with the sword that she had previously used to attack Kungsung. The sword was now gripped in Moomyung's hand as he used it to carve a perfect circle on the floor surrounding him. Minnie couldn't help but furrow her eyes at her friend's actions.

"If your law is to kill those who enter the capital, my law is to beat up noblemen who cross this line." Moomyung announced, his gaze not once leaving the face of Kungsung, who had finally risen from his cowering position. "If you want to kill me, cross the line. I shall take on all of you." Screams rang through Minnie's ears as she watched her friend throw his sword towards Kungsung.

Minnie scoffed at the idiotic nobleman who raced towards Moomyung, stepping over the line that kept him from receiving another embarrassing beating. It came as no surprise when Moomyung blocked the clueless man without breaking a sweat.

As Kungsung backed away in shock, Minnie couldn't help point out the obvious. "You crossed the line." Her comment had received a loud chuckle from Suho and two small smirks from Moomyung and Banryu.

As Kungsung continued his sad attempt at attacking Moomyung, Suho finally broke the gasps and screams from the crowd. "What are you doing?" His question was directed towards a bored looking Banryu. "Your friend is not only physically hurt, he's also emotionally hurt from getting a beaten from a girl and this strangely fascinating man. You know you're a jerk with no loyalty."

Banryu stopped his friend as he jumped forward to defend him. "Stay out of it." The True Born ordered, deep brown eyes locked on his enemy. "If you jump into a fight like this, you will only get mud on you." Minnie didn't miss the quick glance he had sent her way.

"Is it that Banryu..." Minnie chuckled, finally standing up from her crouched position. "Or are you afraid that you'll end up like your friend, physically and emotionally hurt?" She couldn't help the half smirk that rose on her lips by the sounds of chuckles that ran through the room.

Even Banryu looked taken back by her insult, but he refused to give her the satisfaction of seeing his true reaction. Instead, he took one last glance over at Kungsung and spoke his final words of the evening before leaving. "You pathetic loser."

Minnie didn't bother to pay anymore attention to the terrible fight that was happening beside her, instead she made her way over to a shaking Makmoon who hovered in the corner. "Let's go." She muttered, taking a large breath as she struggled to lift the tall man's weight. Thankfully Moomyung once again showed up at the perfect time and grasped onto Makmoon's other side, helping his friends.