CHAPTER NINE

TEN DAYS PASSED rapidly and now Moo-myung and Minnie were dressed in their Hwarang hanboks as they made their way to the ceremony

TEN DAYS PASSED rapidly and now Moo-myung and Minnie were dressed in their Hwarang hanboks as they made their way to the ceremony. The two friends assured Ah-ro they had more then enough time as she checked their appearance once again. She had been on edge since they had left Master Ahn-ji's home and wouldn't stop bothering Minnie and Moo-myung. They both knew they were adding to her frustration as they slowed their hurried walk into a far slower walk.

"Hurry up." Ah-ro ordered, pulling the childish man and women away from one of the carts. "We will be late."

"We left home an hour early. We won't be late." Moo-myung assured the flustered young women. He dug his heels into the ground below him, forcing Ah-ro and Minnie to come to a sudden stop.

Ah-ro pursed her lips, while stepping closer to the two and took another inspection of their appearance. "Let me see." She mumbled, walking behind the pair. "Hold on."

"Why does she think we need jewellery?" Minnie grumbled from her spot beside a distracted Moo-myung. After Ah-ro had ran off to a jewellery cart, the other two decided to keep themselves occupied with the nearby horses. "I thought you would have a fear of horses." Minnie joked, catching Moo-myung's attention.

"Why would I be?" He questioned, afraid his masculinity was being damaged. To add to his deepened voice, Moo-myung also puffed his chest as he turned to look at his grinning best friend.

"You know..." Minnie scrunched up her face, an awkward look crossing her features. "After the whole 'help me' situation with the horse and the yelling." Minnie couldn't help but burst out laughing at the unimpressed look Moo-myung sent her.

"You promised not to bring it up again." Moo-myung growled playful, before glancing over towards Ah-ro. "Minnie..." The young man muttered, eyes darting around the crowded street. "Where is Ah-ro?"

"What are you talking about, she's right there..." Minnie huffed, looking over to where they had left Ah-ro. Minnie's breath hitched once she realized the girl was no where in sight. "There!" Minnie exclaimed, pointing across the street.

Moo-myung and Minnie took off in the same direction as the men that had kidnapped a screaming Ah-ro. They already tied her hands together and they attempted to muffle her screams of terror by forcing a cloth over her mouth. As the two followed the three men and there friend, Minnie had managed to get a brief look at the men's faces before they took off. At first she didn't recognise any of them, until she noticed the large scar that was all too familiar to her.

"In here."  Moo-myung whispered, pulling Minnie behind him as they walked through an abandoned building. They tried to stay as quiet as possible, wanting to jump out at the men. As they rounded the back of the building, suddenly two knives appeared and they were pointed directly across their throats.