이십 이

CHAPTER TWENY TWO

THE KIM FAMILY sat around the table eating their breakfast the following morning

THE KIM FAMILY sat around the table eating their breakfast the following morning. When Minnie arrived home last night, she found her brother waiting by her room with a neck brace on. Wanting to avoid the dreaded talk about what happened earlier, the desperate women ran around the side of the house and went though her bedroom window.

Minnie thought that she wouldn't have to face him until later this evening when they returned to the Hwarang House, but their father requested a breakfast with his children before they left again. Although he claims the reason for the breakfast was to catch up, Minnie had a feeling it was to give out to them both for their behaviour as Hwarangs. And here they were, with the twins sitting opposite each other, with one trying to catch the other's attention.

"Goodness." Master Seub muttered, watching as his son struggled to drink his soup. "How much did you drink that the best swordsman in the capital lost?" Minnie's eyebrows raised and she stared down at her food.

"I apologise." Su-ho smiled at his grumbling father. When he tried to catch his twin's eye again, Soo-yeon spoke up.

"When will your brace come off?" The youngest Kim child questioned. She began pocking at the white bandage that was wrapped around So-hu's neck.

So-hu slapped his sister's hands away, as pain shot up the back of his neck. "This evening, before we go back to Hwarang House." He replies, rubbing the away the ache.

"I heard Ban-ryu passed, but you failed." Master Seub speaks up, interrupting their conversation.

"Yes." Su-ho shrugs, calm and unbothered. Their father went to thump the back of head head, only to pause when he reminded what state his son was in.

"Fine. It's okay you lost in writing, but make sure you win in everything physical." Master Seub ordered. "I can't have us be inferior to Master Young-shil. Losing to the son of a dissident can't happen. Do you understand?" The older man shivered at the mere thought.

Minnie's mind wandered back to Ban-ryu as she listened to her father's words. The families were sworn enemies and only now she was realising how risqué to have any kind of romantic relationship with Ban-ryu.

"Yes, Father." Su-ho nods, before turning to his sister with a evil smirk. "Did you hear that Minnie defeated the Princess in a sword fight?" The mischievous man questioned, watching his sister glare at him in warning.

"What?" Master Seub gasped, looking to his right towards his eldest daughter. "Mi Cha, is this true?" His eyes were pleading that it was a lie.

Minnie looked down at her food as she began shaking her head. "No, Father." She mumbled, running a hand threw her hair nervously. "The Princess didn't believe that I was Kim Mi Cha. She said the only way I could prove that I spoke the truth was if I defeated her in the fight, using my unique way of taking down my opponent." The young women explained.