이십 일

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

SILENCE FILLED THE AIR as Minnie and Ban-ryu made their way to the group of pacing men in front of their tent

SILENCE FILLED THE AIR as Minnie and Ban-ryu made their way to the group of pacing men in front of their tent. After a very heated discussion, the young women had finally come to terms with everything her boyfriend had told her. They hadn't realised how long they had sat under the small hut, until Minnie was reminded of why she had gone looking for Ban-ryu to begin with. They rushed back to the other's after a few reassuring kisses.

"Ban-ryu!" The men exclaimed, watching as the True Bone and Minnie walked by them and into the tent.

"Su-ho please don't." Minnie whispered once she noticed her brother's clenched jaw. Her words were ignored and the annoyed young man walked over to his enemy and clenched his fists around his hanbok.

"Was this your idea all along?" Su-ho snapped, shaking a the man. Ban-ryu shoved the raged man off him and turned back to getting ready. "You jerk." He cursed, seconds away from attacking the man, before Yeo-ul pulled him back. "If the performance is ruined, you will pay for it. If that happens, it will be over for you."

"Stop." Minnie spoke up, while stepping in between her brother and lover. "Ban-ryu didn't do anything." She denied, accepting the consequences of her words.

"He didn't ruin all the instruments for tonights performance?" Su-ho scoffed, looking slightly offended that his sister was taking his enemy's side. "What was he doing then?"

"He was with me." Minnie half lied, shocking all the men in the tent. She had only been with Bn-ryu since she found him an hour ago, but she believed him when he told her he didn't ruin the performance.

"I didn't want to ruin the performance." Ban-ryu sighed, while sitting down on the bench beside them. "The other day my step-father sent me a letter. He told me to make sure this evening would be a disaster, even suggesting to ruin the instruments."

"You didn't did you?" Minnie whispered, heartbreaking at the possibility. Even the thought of it made her sick, he would ruin any chances of them passing the assignment and he would be betraying his fellow Hwarangs.

"No." He revealed, leaning his elbows on his knees and digging his head into his hands. "I told my father I couldn't do it. I couldn't betray the Hwarangs, the Chief....you. I knew how much this meant to you and I can't lose you Minnie." His back shook as he began to sob into his hands.

"Hey." Minnie cooed, wrapping her arms around her lover and leaning her head against his back. "You won't lose me Ban-ryu." She assured, pressing delicate kisses to his covered back. "You did the right thing, the guys don't deserve to fail after working so hard."

"I couldn't go through with it, but I have a feeling someone else will." Ban-ryu admitted, while sitting up and turning to the confused women. "The Hwarang already has too many enemies."