CHAPTER EIGHT

AFTER HER SMALL argument with Master Ahnji, Minnie had gone looking for something to eat

AFTER HER SMALL argument with Master Ahnji, Minnie had gone looking for something to eat. Her stomach had been grumbling since she had left the palace this morning and she finally decided it was time to put the growling and aching to a stop. As Minnie stood in front of one of the many food carts she couldn't prevent her eyes widening in absolute terror - who knew there were so many ways to cook rice. Minnie noticed a young women standing a few feet off her light, and she couldn't help but giggle at the sight of the girl's small hands that were filled to the brim with food. The man handing all the foods to the petite girl looked shocked to see how fast the food disappeared into the girl's mouth.

"Excuse me." Minnie interrupted the girl and the man, after she realised she had no clue what foods to buy. "Would you have any good recommendations?" Minnie's questioned made the girl's smile widen and she rushed to hand her food to the owner of the cart before walking over to help Minnie.

"You're lucky I was here." The girl smiled, eyes shinning down at the delicious looking food. The sound of a loud grumble broke the girl from her thoughts and Minnie blushed a deep red in embarrassment. "Okay we've got to get some yummy rice cakes in to you."

"Rice cakes?" Minnie mumbled, face morphing into a look of disgust. The only rice cakes she's had were made by Woo-reuk and they were so slimy you couldn't even pick them up with your hands.

"Trust me, these are the best rice cakes in the whole capital." The girl assured, giggling at Minnie's reaction. "By the way, I am Soo-yeon." The girl who's name Minnie now knew, introduced herself, while continuing to search for the delicious rice cakes she was gushing about.

"I am Minnie." Minnie told Soo-yeon, deciding to keep her real name to herself for the time being. When the time was right and the Queen had given her more information about her family and past, then she could hopefully say her full name, surname included.

"Minnie..." Soo-yeon whispered to herself, hands snatching the delicious rice cakes. "Why does that name seem so familiar? Ah, here!" The overly enthusiastic girl cheered, turning to Minnie with two handfuls of rice cakes that really did look appetising.

"I am hungry, but I don't think I can eat all of that." Minnie laughed, carefully taking some of the food out of Soo-yeon's hands. "Why don't we go give some to my friend and his sister?" Minnie suggests, already walking away from the hyper girl and the confused owner of the cart.

The two women giggled and gossiped through the whole walk back to Master Ahnji's house, with Minnie being the giggler and Soo-yeon catching the clueless women up on the capital's latest gossip. In the space of just a few minutes, Soo-yeon had convinced Minnie to try one of the rice cakes and Minnie would be lying if she said she didn't have a second and a third. Soo-yeon wasn't lying when she said these were the best rice cakes in the capital.