CHAPTER 35

TALIA

"Where are we going," I asked as soon as we were in the car.

"Home," he replied and my heart throbbed hearing his answer, "You're t-taking me b-back?" I asked a horror look coated my eyes.

He looked at me for a second then back to the road a frown placed on his face, his hand directly held mine intertwining our fingers,

"Baby what's wrong?" he asked his voice sounding concerned and worried. The new nickname made me happy but the idea of him taking me back to him wasn't allowing my mind to feel his hand and the soft voice of his.

"Why are you taking me back? I thought you said you'll never leave me," I said again without covering the fear and worry in my voice. To my surprise, he parked the car on the edge of the street enough to let the other cars drive. I gasped at the sudden break he did, I looked at him, mixed emotions were filling his eyes: fear, anger, worry but the one I was glad of was his love look for me, the look I'll never get bored or get used to it.

"Where do you think I'm taking you?" he asked, his anger increasing with every second.

"B-back t-" I couldn't finish a sentence, now no words came out, am I stupid to think he'll take me back?

"Answer me!" he replied, the shock of his strong voice effecting me.

"To him," I answered looking down at my stretched legs and shaking hands, I'm very stupid.

"You really think I'll take you back!? After what I've done!!" he shouted his anger energy rolling. "You think I'll hand you to him after what he did to you, to the only girl I love!?" he completed and at this moment I couldn't stop the fear and regret feeling, how could I doubt his love? How did I think like this?!

"Je ne peux pas y croire! Merde!" he shouted again hitting the driving wheel with his fist, it was the last thing he said before driving again, his hands holding the wheel in anger his knuckles white, his eyes closing each second with every deep breath he took trying to calm himself. His hand left mine and I pouted, missing the warmth and the feeling of being safe. Nothing was said, and right now the silence was all we need. On our way back, he stopped twice, first time to get enough water and food so we won't stop again but we had to stop again when I asked if I can go to the bathroom. We arrived in a few hours, he parked his car in front of the house and left without looking back, keeping the door ajar for me to enter.

A gasp left my lips when I entered the house, it was a mess. A complete mess. The furniture was all around the place, glass everywhere, old photos were scratched and thrown on the floor. The horror look came back to my face unable to hold back another gasp when I realised it's Joseph's only house, the one his mum designed with every bar of energy she had.

I looked at Joseph who was standing not moving an inch just looking around trying to find something just a hint to who could do this, and I saw how sad he looks, his eyes filled with hate and anger a bit of sadness and misery filled his deep eyes.

"Don't move!" he said low, very low his voice thick with emotions I never knew he felt. My heart ached for him and I couldn't hold back the sob that escaped my lips when he walked to me, he looked into my eyes while I let my silent tears fall freely. He bent down to hold me when he looked at what I was wearing, a thin open slipper, how could he care for me when he's the one who needs it. I smiled, a sad smile on my face when he carried me to the top where he placed me beside his locked room.

"I'm sorry," I said, another cry left my shaking lips unable to hold my cries back. And all that Joseph did shush me while he opened the door carefully checking if there's anything before letting us in, locking the door again. He wasted no time in going to the board placed in the middle of his wall, I sat on the edge of his bed unable to stop my tears, you should Talia he needs you, be strong for him. I kept telling my self till I stopped crying, allowing me to see clearly how joseph is taking the half of the neckless that I was once able to examine.