CHAPTER 6

JOSEPH

"Do you really wanna know?"

"Yes," she said looking at her now empty plate.

"I'm the one who bought you," I answered back all the while looking at her. As soon as my words reached her ears a loud gasp escaped her chapped lips and fear took over her eyes, tears gathered at the edge of her round wide eyes.  

"P-please don't sell m-me." she whispered her pleasing as her eyes found the ground again. 

"And why not?" my voice colder than I meant, my own eyes searching her frightful face. 

"I-I'll do anything you want." a quick reply left her mouth without second thoughts and this alone made me doubtful even more. 

"Please," she begged again and now tears fell on her pale skin like rivers with soft whimpers escaping her pouted lips. 

"Why won't I sell you sugar?" I urged standing up, rounding the table like a wild animal looking for its weak prey, I kept surrounding her, tantalizing her with my cold and deadly looks till I stood behind her. Her heartbeats could be heard from where I stood and this excited me further. "I'd get a lot of money, selling a hot piece like you would benefit me and they said you're with experience; this would even help my case more," I had a smirk on my face my eyes piercing through her soul watching every action. 

"No- I- swear I have no e-experience." she tried to say between her cries.

"Well, they didn't say so when you got here." a chuckle echoed through the kitchen and I saw her flinch at the sound shutting her eyes tightly. 

"They l-lied t-to you!"

"Now how will I know that?" I said in a low tone as I bent my body to be on her level. She tensed, her body on full alert, her actions are telling me to believe her but the fact that she might be acting wasn't helping her. 

"P-please let me free, I'll pay you back." her teary eyes held an ounce of hope as she locked her gaze with mine for a few seconds. 

I froze in my place when I heard her offer and my mind kept fighting whether to tell her that it had nothing to do with money or to just go with the flow. 

"Will you pay twenty thousand dollars?" I asked teasingly, she choked on her own spit immediately after I finished my sentence.

"I'll take that as a no," I said seating on my chair again, amusement filling my eyes as I looked at her. 

"L-let me f-free." she barely finished her sentence and ran out of the kitchen gagging on her cry, she ran leaving being a trail of sobs and weeps. 

TALIA.

His words kept digging into my skull, echoing into the walls of my brain like a sick melody. 

He bought me.
He'll sell me.