CHAPTER 29

TALIA

"Tom," I started, I was very grateful when Tom asked me if I wanna go out. I definitely needed to take a break from what happened, I was going back to the fear and panic state with Joseph, I couldn't forget the nightmare I got yesterday, it brought bad memories back, I didn't want to tell Joseph anything, if I did he'll either kill him or sell me again. In the end who wants to live with someone like me?

"Ya?" Tom finally answered. I took a moment before I asked,

"Will Joseph, you know, sell me? Or g-give me to that guy he talked a-about?"

"What the fuck Talia, of course not, if he wanted to do this he wouldn't pay Victor to have you and come here to keep you safe,"

"I'm s-sorry I can't help but think like this," I said looking at my hands nervously.

"It's fine Talia, I understand, but really Joseph would never do something like this, in fact, I think he likes you very much to let you go,"

"Me?!" I gasped turning my head to him, looking through his eyes to see if he's joking but all I found is his serious expression.

"I don't think so, I mean come on, I'm nobody, no way,"

"Talia, look at me," he said placing his fingers under my chin for me to look at him,

"You're right- look at you, look at how beautiful you are, look at what you made Joseph do, he asked a girl out for the first time, he's getting better because of you and I know you can't tell cause you didn't know him back then, but I did and you changed him in short time, you're special to him I know that for a fact,"

"You think?" I asked him suddenly afraid by the fact of Joseph liking me.

"I'm sure," He said, and silence filled the atmosphere nothing more to add or ask, I was thinking about him, if I agreed to be with Joseph, he'll hurt him, I don't want him to get hurt.

"I think - I like him too," I broke the silence playing with my fingers nervously.

"Great!!"

"But-"

"But what Talia?" he cut me, I took a deep breath before I started again.

"I don't want him to get hurt, and I want to make sure he likes me before we go further,"

"First of all, Joseph can hurt but I don't think he'll get hurt, believe me, a lot of people tried to hurt him and failed, as, for the second thing, I have a plan for you to make sure he likes you," he said with a grin, the look on his face is telling me whatever he has in mind, Joseph won't like it.

Oh God,

******

This time all that we heard as we entered the house was rock music, the music was very loud making the floor shake a little. We couldn't spot Joseph but he was clearly here somewhere, the music is a bold hint.

Tom gave me a look to get ready for whatever this night is holding, and I crossed my fingers. We sat in the living room unable to hear each other from the loud music and lowkey, I liked his taste, it's wild, not my type but it wasn't this bad.

"I'll go check up on him," shouted Tom over the music and I simply just nodded my head.

Few minutes and the music stopped allowing me to notice the difference and how blatant the music was, the sound of steps coming closer and I didn't move, in fact, I didn't have the energy to do so, I didn't eat when joseph told me to, I was planning to let Tom buy me something but we were in hurry afraid Joseph will go wild on us.