CHAPTER 28

JOSEPH

I watched her with wide eyes, her eyes filled with horror and fear, pleading me to hold her tight and never let go. I couldn't but be worried and overwhelmed by what happened, the way she screamed made my heart throb with sadness and concern. I placed her on the soft sheets and covered her shivering body with the cover. I sat on the edge of the bed looking at her face, the moon rays caressing her soft skin and red cheeks, I couldn't take my eyes off her. How she's breathing light and calm now and how her heartbeat sounds normal and steady again, how her golden waves feel soft against my fingers and how it's scattered on the pillow, 

creepy ass Joseph.

"Tom," I called while walking down the stairs.

"Living room," he yelled back.

"I want full history, and I mean full records about Talia's past, I want every detail, her childhood, parents, family, friends, school and boyfriends, everything," I said with a frown forming on my face when I said, boyfriends. 

"Joseph, you know I'll do anything you ask me to, you're my boss and my friend but, don't you think that she won't be happy if she knows?"

"You said it if she knows, she doesn't have too, and if it's not important I won't do something like this," 

"What happened?" he asked placing his beer on the table giving me all his attention.

"I- I think there's someone after Talia," I said taking his beer and downing a huge gulp.

"Other than Victor?!" he said surprised.

"Maybe Victor wasn't even after her, there's someone from her past, she said he's after her to kill her, but she didn't go that far, she wasn't completely conscious," I explained.

"Joseph?"

"What?"

"Do you, do you love her?" and the second he finished his question I splashed the beer in his face trying to control my coughs.

"L-love her?! Are you fucking kidding me?!"

"No, but don't lie to yourself, I see how you act around her, all worry and possessive and how you only act soft when you're with her. I never saw you like this,"

"I don't love her Tom, I can't but I like her, a lot. I- I can't drag her into whatever we might have, she'll get hurt, I'll hurt her again like I did to them,"

"You changed Joseph, you're not that guy anymore, you won't hurt her, she's already falling for you,"

"Then I have to do something about it," I said taking another gulp of his beer.

"I don't think you have to, just go with the flow," he said and I shrugged in response having no words to share.

**

"Ne pense même pas à courir, je t'aurai, et quand je le serai, tu seras mort---"                                                 (Don't even think of running, I'll get you, and when I do you'll be dead.)

"Bon, maintenant donnez l'argent à Tom, il s'occupera du reste, si vous essayez même de jouer, je vous couperai la tête. Clair?"                                                                                                                                         (Good, now give the money to Tom he'll take care of the rest, if you even try to play around I'll cut off your head. Clear?)