CHAPTER 7

Joseph

"Are you whipped already?" a very familiar voice whispered out of nowhere. I slightly turned to see the knowing smirk on Mark's face and in reply, I just rolled my eyes annoyed.

My eyes had a hard time to look at something else, they were captivated by the human sleeping on the bed. Her lips parted as she took calm breaths, her face clear of sweat now which was a good thing, meaning she's having deep sleep.

"I'm not." I said walking towards him, "I'm just making sure she's fine." I reasoned with a shrug just to prove my point but Mark is smarter.

"So, why this visit right now?" I raised my voice once the door was completely close. I was a bit nervous about Mark's visit but seeing him pacify made me feel fine.

"I'm having a baby soon," Mark announced as he sat on the sofa facing the television.

"I knew it!!" I shouted excitedly fisting my palm into the air, "Congratulations Bro." I said as I hugged him once I sat next to him.

"Thank you," he said looking at the ground with a small frown on his face, it was odd of him acting this way, especially at this time. He wanted kids all his life, he should be on cloud nine right now, he has to be in pain from smiling not set his face into a scowl.

"What's wrong?" I asked with total confusion.

"I- all my life I wanted kids with her but seeing her getting hurt and not doing what she likes hurts me, Jo.I just want her happy and this,- maybe this was a wrong decision." his foolish words did nothing to convince me, his love for Sabrine was endless, limitless and they've been waiting too long for this. He can't just say it's a wrong decision.

"No! No! You can't think this way Mark, she loves you, you love her, you guys are married and having a baby soon for God's sake. She's fucking pregnant idiot, she'll be hurt, you'll both go through hard time but it'll be worth it in the end, it's what she wants as well and you know that," taking a deep breath and slapping his thigh playfully to lighten the mood, I tried my best to let him know that this is right and there's nothing called a wrong decision in having a baby with the person you love.

"I never knew you'd say this deep shit, wow man!" he playfully teased me as he took a gulp of his beer.

"So how's the future girlfriend of yours?" he asked after a few moments of silence.

"Mark I'll fuck you right now." I clenched my jaw passing the words hardly.

"I thought you're straight."

"Mark," I said threateningly.

"Okay chill, now seriously what happened?"

"What do you mean?" I said gulping the rest of my beer.

"What will you do with her?"

"I don't know, I'm tired of thinking, I can't just sell her to anyone she's sick and I don't believe she's a bitch Mark. Whenever I take a step towards her she immediately flinches and her body would tense like a goddamn rock,"

"You'll kill her?"

"I don't know, and you know if I wanna get rid of her I won't do it myself. I thought about giving her to one of my clubs to work there but I can't seem to do it, Victor will be a pain in the ass,"