CHAPTER 4

JOSEPH.

A lot of hours passed I lost count after four, she didn't wake up yet and I'm about to panic, what if she never wakes up, what if she's sick and needs to go to a hospital? What have they done to her?

A few hours later 

I opened my eyes listening to groaning and whimpering sounds, looking at the bed, she was writhing in her place as if running from someone, my heart aches at the scene, I got up walking towards her looking at her wet cheeks and troubled face. I sat next to her gently, slowly stroking her hair, tapping her head a few times till she stopped squirming but her facial expression didn't change, her eyes were shut tightly and her downwards lips pouting further. 

The Next Morning 

 Walking to the bathroom with heavy steps, I washed my face and took the bandage off my hand, it was better now, I can feel my fingers again. Then to the kitchen, I drank some water and wondered if she'll wake up any time soon. I sat down drinking the black coffee I just made. After what seemed half an hour, I absolutely had to check up on her, I entered the room and frowned at the sight of the now-empty bed. I frowned but just as I scanned the room I saw her petite frame against a wall in one of the corners holding her knees to her chest burying her head down and crying her guts out. Again something inside me tightened, a feeling I didn't feel before.

I rushed towards her and placed my hand on her shoulder to comfort her, it took her a few minutes to realise that she was no longer alone. She slowly raised her head up, looked at my hand which was resting on her shoulder then followed it until her eyes locked with mine,If it was possible her eyes widened more sending me a weird sensation again, I gazed deeply into hers, her eyes are breathtaking, they're a work of art and for the rest of my life, I just want to look at them. The feeling slides away the moment I heard her.

"P-please d-don't h-hu-." she tried to say with her glassy eyes.

"Shhhh- it's fine you're safe," I said hoping my calm low voice will make her feel better and safe, but it didn't.

"P-please, l-let me out." she cried out.

"You are out mon petite fille ."

"W-who are y-you?" she asked me looking into my eyes.

 I removed my hand that was resting on her small shoulder and moved it towards her face she quickly turned her head flinching, I turned my lips to a fine line and placed my hand on my side again. 

This is gonna be tough. I exhaled. I slowly sat next to her, "You have no reason to feel scared. You're safe now," I managed to say. 

"W-who a-are you?" her small whisper was clear enough and I took a long breath bracing myself to what's coming. 

************************************

Thank you for reading again.

Please vote and comment. 

LOVE YOU.....