CHAPTER 19

JOSEPH

Even with her in my arms, I'm still worried, unable to sleep, and just thinking about what's been happening and everything that might happen later on. I patiently waited until she fell asleep. My eyes wild opened reasoning whether Victor and Leo would do anything to Talia or if they'll ask for money again.

I sight in relief as she turned to me, letting me admire her gorgeous face. Her light pink lips slightly parted, light snores filling the room as she moved further into my chest holding me tightly by the waist, from this angle I can easily watch the faded freckles on her nose and rosy cheeks, making her even more stunning.

I start thinking about how my life changed the moment Talia became a part of it. She became everything, it's been a while since I fought, and a while longer since I hooked up. A while since I went out, it seems I enjoy my time alone with her at home and it's strange how I just want her company. I'm simply glad that I'm with her, close, and jovial I can affect her and her body, and kiss her sweet lips whenever I want.

****

A week later.

Cigarette after cigarette I finished two packs as I think harder through the situation I'm in. Huffing the smoke out of my lungs I couldn't stop thinking about the dangerous things that might happen to Talia. Earlier this week I received a call from Victor saying he wanted to meet again alone for business, but I know there's no more business between us, everything was done the day I gave him the money and marked Talia as 'mine'.

What if he wants me to go so he'll take Talia while I'm gone? I asked myself taking a long puff out of my cigarette. I cant leave her, I said to myself as I stood up, If I did Victor will take her, he already knows where I am, I must leave

"Ça va?" Mark picked up panting through the phone as if he's running a marathon.

"Oui, et toi?" I asked back.

"Yes," he said more like a moan over the phone.

I rolled my eyes, "What the fuck are you doing?" I asked clearly knowing what he's doing. 

"Sabrine can get hard to deal with sometimes, I gotta keep her satisfied," he simply said breathlessly.

"Indeed," I said rolling my eyes, "I'll be quick, I might move out again," 

"Why?!" 

"Victor called, he wants to meet again and I already saw him and gave him the money, I'm afraid he wants Talia back," I answered all at once.

"Where will you go?"

"I might give my childhood house a visit,"

"Ya, it's a good idea, Victor doesn't know that house, the town is dead anyway," he reminds me.

"Yes, I'll be taking Talia as well," I added.

"Talia?"

"Yes, I can't leave her alone, I don't trust Victor."

"Anything happened between you?"

"Nothing big," I shrugged.

"So something happened?"

"Just a kiss," I said rolling my eyes for the third time as I heard him mumble a 'finally,' loud enough for me to hear.

"Anything more, or can I go complete what I'm doing peacefully?"