17. One Million

Eva and George collapsed in giggles onto the sofa, feeling triumphant. Laughing, James came out of Eva's bedroom.

"What a bitch," he grinned, walking towards the front door. George out his arm around Eva.

"Thank you for today, James. It really means a lot," Eva smiled at him, and he smiled back, nodding.

"No problem Eva, you're much better for George than Beth was. Happy to help," he left the flat, leaving Eva and George together on the sofa.

Eva and George sat in silence for a while. She laid across his lap, and he gently ran his fingers through her hair.

It was a comfortable silence.

"It's calm, George," she whispered, a smile on her lips. He nodded, smiling also.

"It's nice. It's quiet," he whispered back.

Still gently running his fingers through her hair, he got his phone out and checked his social medias and YouTube.

"You're nearly on a million subs, Eva," he grinned, and she shot up.

Her eyes gleamed with excitement, and she grinned along with him.

"What? Are you serious?" George showed her his phone, and she was stunned.

998,837 subs.

She squealed and hugged him tightly. He laughed, squeezing her.

"Why're you hugging me? It was all your hard work, Eva,"

"I'm just so happy, George! I've worked so hard for this!"

George laughed again. "Are you crying, Eva?"

She chuckled slightly and wiped her eyes.

"Maybe a little."

George grabbed the remote and turned the TV on, using it to show Eva's subcount. By the rate she was growing, she'd likely hit one million in the next couple of hours.

He then hovered over her and kissed her gently, a content smile present on his face.

"How about I go get us some champagne for when you hit one million?" he suggested, grabbing his wallet. Eva nodded eagerly.

"Be back soon, I love you,"

"I love you too," he kissed her tenderly again and left.

—-

James, Alex, Will, George and Eva were all anxiously sat on the sofa, watching the TV.

999,956 subs

Eva was on the verge of crying, and shaking with excitement. She had one of George's arms around her, and James was sat on her other side.

999,974 subs

"It's so close!" Will yelled, snacking on some tortilla chips that were in a bowl on the coffee table.

999,989 subs

"11 subs away, Eva!" Alex was getting impatient - he wanted to play Fifa really badly. Purely so he could beat Eva.

999,999 subs

It rolled to 1,000,000

Eva let out a happy cry, and tears streamed down her face. George opened the champagne, and the cork bursted out with a loud pop. He filled 5 champagne glasses and everyone took one.

With a beaming grin, he looked lovingly at his crying girlfriend and raised his glass.

"To Eva, and everything she had achieved. I couldn't love you more."

Everyone clinked their glasses and drank, a smile on everyone's face.

ive finally updated! updates will be spotty because i'm not really feeling this story massively but i'll try to be a bit more active! thank u for reading, feel free to vote and comment if u enjoyed! x