8. Boyfriend for the Night

Eva was in the bathroom, getting ready for the evening. Shockingly enough, she was dressed in something she would never usually wear - a tight, black dress that one of her friends had bought for her for her 18th birthday that she never actually wore. She felt like for her first night of clubbing in London with a group of men she knew, she could afford to let her hair down and be a normal 19 year old for the night.

With a smile on her face, Eva did her makeup and felt excited for what the night held. After all, she'd lost that FIFA match with Alex. George would have to do a shot off of her body. As much as she hated to say it, she had purposely thrown that match. However, she didn't want to straight up admit that she had a crush on George or anything - surely it was too soon, and maybe he already had a romantic interest of sorts.

"Eva, are you done yet?" grumbled Alex from the other side of the door. Eva chuckled slightly.

"Alex, you are the most incredibly impatient person in the world. She's been in there for 10 minutes," James told him, and Eva could imagine the look on his face as he did. She heard footsteps as she finished up.

Grabbing her clutch, Eva took a deep breath and left the bathroom. She couldn't help notice George not-so-subtly checking her out and smiling. It made her blush.

"Ready to go?" George was still smiling, and held out his arm for Eva to link hers with. Nodding, they linked arms and walked out of the flat, followed by Alex and James.

Music filled every corner of the club as George and Eva danced together. Alex and James dared not to interrupt them, and instead they stuck to themselves.

If George was being honest with himself, which, in fairness, he usually was, he was quickly becoming jealous that Eva was getting so many looks. He was also incredibly angry at the sneaky hands that would make their way onto Eva's body, which made her uncomfortable - part of the reason she hadn't left his side all evening. Eva noticed both the looks, touches and George's reaction.

"You know, part of the reason I hate clubbing is the men who don't know not to fucking touch random women," Eva complained, still dancing with George. George drank some of his drink; liquid courage.

"How about I be your boyfriend for the night? I'll ward the guys off for you," he smiled, to which Eva nodded.

"Defend my honour, Mr Memeulous," Eva grinned. George grinned back. She felt ecstatic - maybe it wasn't full on boyfriend, but it was a night.

George spent the night proudly holding his temporary girlfriend, drinking with her, and having the most fun he had ever had with her. Eva was having the time of her life. For the first time, she worried about nothing, and felt truly blissful.

It came to 3am, and Alex and James were long gone. They said something to Eva about a podcast, but they were just rambling drunkly and Eva was having too much fun to care. Eva and George decided to go get a kebab and some chips to share back at the flat.

"George, honestly, you...you made me have so much fun tonight," slurred Eva, drunkenly laying across George's lap. He fed her the occasional chip and bit of kebab. "It was fun being together for the night. It made me feel safe."

"We'll have to do it again sometime," George smiled, also drunkenly, and yawned. "but now I wanna go to bed, Eva." Eva nodded and yawned also after seeing him yawn. She got up, stumbled slightly, and once George was up, she hugged him. She reeked of sweat and alcohol, but so did George. Both of them didn't care. They were happy in eachothers arms.

"Wait, George," Eva looked up to him. He looked hopeful - like she was going to say something important - life changing, even. "We forgot the body shot."

sorry for the lack of chapters in the last week, i've been quite focused on my other story but here's an extra long chapter to make up for it. thank you all for over 600 reads, it means so much to me! lots of love, thank u all x