15. Just Remember to Breathe

Eva was sat on her bed in disbelief, tears still rolling down her face. She glanced at her bin, which was overflowing with tissues.

George was absolutely overcome by guilt. He knew that he didn't mean to say 'Beth', and he certainly wasn't still into her after how they broke up, but he didn't know how to fix his and Eva's new relationship. Admittedly, George had cried a little.

He sat on the sofa, his phone in his hand, wondering who to call. James and Eva seemed to get on well, George thought to himself, so maybe he could make Eva feel better. Sighing, George phoned James, shakily holding the phone up to his ear as he bit his nails.

"Hey James, so I really need your help," George said, trying to hide the sadness and guilt in his voice.

"With what? A video?" asked James. George could hear Alex in the background, asking who was on the phone.

"No, with Eva," George felt his voice tremble, and he had to cough to calm himself down.

"What happened? Did something go wrong on your date?"

"No, god no. The date was perfect. After, we uh...we did some stuff together, and I moaned Beth's name as I...finished..." he felt a couple tears rolling down his cheeks. "Can you talk to her, please? She needs someone to talk to, but she doesn't have any female friends in London and I don't think she wants to see me right now,"

"I'll be there in a second, I'm at Alex's now, so I'll just finish up and come up to yours,"

"Thanks, see you soon," and George hung up. He put his face in his hands and cried silently. He had never felt so ashamed and guilty to have said one word.

—-
"So what happened, Eva?" James asked, laying beside her in bed. He noticed her red, puffy eyes and red nose to match. Usually she was well put together and well dressed, but she seemed to not care.

"We got back from our date, we did some stuff, and he was...thinking about his ex. He moaned her name, James," Eva cried into him, and he rubbed her back gently.

"Eva, I'm sure it was an accident. George really likes you, I don't get why he'd think of another girl while you two are in bed together. I think maybe it was just habit for him, he's used to her name,"

"It's not just that, James. I know I'm overreacting, but the fact that he could hurt me so much, even accidentally, scares me. I'm scared, James. I really love George,"

"He loves you too, Eva. Just talk to him, please? I'll collab with you if that will sweeten the deal," James joked, gently nudging her. She chuckled sadly.

"Well, with an offer like that, how can I refuse?" she replied playfully. "But yeah, I will hear him out. I overreacted, and he deserves for me to listen to him,"

"Thank you, Eva," James smiled and got up. He gave Eva a sympathetic smile. "Just remember to breathe, Eva. You can do this,"

James left the room and told George to go in and talk to her. Initially apprehensive, George was reluctant to go in, but after James told him of his and Eva's conservation he was willing to try to explain himself.

George slowly walked into Eva's bedroom and quietly closed the door behind him. His heart broke to see her laying on her bed, looking so sad.

"Eva, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to say her name. I wasn't even thinking of her, I swear to god," he sat next to her and held her hand. She didn't pull away.

She sat up slowly and looked at him, nodding.
"I overreacted, George. I trust you, I do. The fact that you can so easily hurt me...that just terrified me. And how much I love you? It's scary because I've never had anything like this before. I've never loved someone like I love you," she began to cry again, gently squeezing his hand.

"I've never felt this strongly about anyone either, especially not in such a short period of time. I love you so incredibly much, Eva," George hugged her, and she hugged him back, crying into his neck.

"I love you so incredibly much too, George."

thank you for reading! feel free to comment and vote if you enjoyed x