3. Film Night

George took his coffee back into the main room with the guys and Eva went back into her bedroom. She didn't feel too comfortable around George's mates, and the ice cold greeting she got from them didn't exactly help.

She got her laptop out from her bag and began to edit a video she had filmed previously, which distracted her for hours. The video was just her playing Club Penguin Rewritten with a friend from her hometown, and she laughed as she reviewed the footage.

In this moment, she stopped to truly take in how grateful she was for everything she had. She had a flat that had a view to die for, her job was entertaining hundreds of thousands of people daily, and she had now moved in with Memeulous. It was a dream come true.

Knock knock. She was abruptly brought back into reality and looked at the door. It was pretty dark outside - how long had she spent editing?
"Come in!" she yelled, and began to render the video. George walked in with a sheepish smile on his face.
"We're gonna watch a film, wanna join?" he asked, looking directly at Eva. She nodded.
"Sure, I'll be in in just a minute."

Why had she said yes? She had so much stuff to do. Bonding with the flat mate couldn't hurt though, could it? Eva sighed and, putting on a smile, she walked into the main room and sat down on an armchair. She noticed that Will was still on his phone, Alex and George were whispering to eachother and Josh was partially talking to George and Alex and partially on his phone.

"So what are we watching?" asked Eva, slightly irritated and fed up of looking at a blank screen and hearing whispers.
"We were thinking something like one of the Harry Potters?" George suggested. Josh and Alex both seemed to approve, as did Eva, and Will seemed to be be completely ignoring them. Nonetheless, George put on the first Harry Potter film.

Those 2 and a half hours dragged by. Eva ate most of the popcorn, and the boys were distracted on phones or in conversation. The moment the credits appeared, she mumbled 'goodnight' and went back to her room. What a waste of time.

An hour had passed and Eva had just been on her phone, talking to family and old friends about her day, when she heard someone tap on her door. She got up and opened it, and was greeted by George.
"Do you wanna go on a little tour now or is it too late for you?"
"It's half ten, George. Of course it's not too late; let's go."